IP2M-841/IPM-721/IPM-HX1 (Non POE Models) Firmware Release

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
champ

Re: IP2M-841/IPM-721/IPM-HX1 (WiFi Only) Firmware Release

Post by champ »

With new Firmware https is not ok.
Without https i dont need a camera. Please fix it fast.
https is the most important thing to look over internet with a camera.
Why you dont test this before bringing this firmware.
Z-Man

Post by Z-Man »

Clef, can you post how to disable the logo?
A step-by-step guide would be great.
We're not all programmers, but some of us can follow instructions. ;) :shock:
James.S

Post by James.S »

KeeterJ wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:25 pm I believe the "(WiFi only)" comment applies just to the IPM-HX1 which was offered in a Wi-Fi only version. As far as I know, the IP2M-841 was never offered in a Wi-Fi only version, just the dual-mode version and the -841E Ethernet-only version. I can't speak for the NVR models.

In my testing of the July 29th firmware, my IP2M-841 cameras connected on either/both the Wi-Fi and Ethernet interfaces.

I apologize if this is a repeat comment. I thought I posted this earlier but it looks like I forgot to hit the "Submit" button
What I mean by "WIFI Only" Is the separation between the POE and WiFi Models. We have had some communication issues as customers with the 841E (POE Model) Were trying to upgrade however this will not work as they have different internal components and software.

Sorry for the confusion, I will fix in the post now.

Z-Man wrote: Clef, can you post how to disable the logo?
A step-by-step guide would be great.
We're not all programmers, but some of us can follow instructions. ;) :shock:
Z-man, Hope you are doing well, Here is a guide we created to assist customers with removing the Amcrest logo. >https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... t-View-Pro
Z-Man

Re: IP2M-841/IPM-721/IPM-HX1 (Non POE Models) Firmware Release

Post by Z-Man »

Hi James, doing well.
Those instructions worked great.
Thanks.
Stumblebumble1

Post by Stumblebumble1 »

II do not have the watermark icon in the pro app?
Robert
champ

Post by champ »

Hurry Hurry we need https
Please fix first the https than the other things
rskoey

Post by rskoey »

clef wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:53 pm ...... Once HTTPS is "set up", the camera reboots and then I can't connect to it on any ports and I have to HARD RESET again. This is unacceptable, as the camera is useless without secure connections!....
Sigh, I reported the previous two BETA builds both had this same issue, I was advised (via support and the beta forum) that the engineering team were made aware. I'll confirm on my device when I can to see if I also see same issues with this new release.

Seems thorough testing is not being done.

The inability to import configs from earlier stable builds is also very frustrating.
rskoey

Post by rskoey »

rskoey wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:10 am ............... I'll confirm on my device when I can to see if I also see same issues with this new release.
Alright, so I updated my 721W and upgrade went fine, no crashes / hard reboots required for the upgrade to take affect.

Attempted to enable HTTPS by following the below steps,

1. Went to HTTPS section under Network (in SETUP AREA)
2. Clicked "CREATE" button under the Create Certificate section.
3. Certificate appeared in the "Request Created" section.4
4. I then clicked "Install" button in the "Request Created" section.
5. After a little while page refreshed, showing that a self-generated certificate was installed.
6. I clicked SAVE.
7. Then attempted to load HTTPS://mycamerasipaddress > No response, unable to connect error in browser.
8. Manual rebooted (via WebUI) device, and device came back up fine.
9. Retested HTTPS, same issue, unable to connect error in browser.

Seems HTTPS is not working, however the upside is the device is not crashing / rebooting over and over after enabling HTTPS like it did in the prior BETA versions I tested.
rskoey

Post by rskoey »

Hi Again,

A couple of other observations,

1. Earlier poster mentioned FTP not working. It's working fine for me when triggering an Alarm from a Audio Detection event. It's uploading a video mp4, snapshot jpg and creating the right folders as per normal. So that seems to be okay.

2. Email alerts via Outlook Live SMTP, the subject of email is stuck on "Health_Test". I can't seem to get it to change subject of email to the "Title" field that I've set under the email setting section. I did click the "test" button prior after configuring the settings for Email. I have NOT tested connecting to Gmail as SMTP server. I would note that the Alarm Event in the emails is "Health_Test" in the subject body, but they seem to only trigger when alarms are triggered.

3. There is still that weird issue where "Input Abnormality" alerts are generated when you enable Audio Detection and don't stop triggering (spamming) until you disable "Noise Filtering" under Audio settings. This issue has occurred in every release of firmware since I purchased item. Multiple people reported it on forums over the years.
rtucker55

Post by rtucker55 »

regarding IPM-HX1 cameras:

I can't see that this update has given me any functionality that is of benefit vs. what it has removed. I want to go back to the f/w: 2.520.AC00.18.R build: 2017-6-29. Where can I find the download for the that version of the firmware.

Thank You,