IP2M-841, IP2M-842 NAS Folder and File Structure

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Darryl

IP2M-841, IP2M-842 NAS Folder and File Structure

Post by Darryl »

Hello -

I am in the process of writing a shell script to automate conversion and copy of .dav and jpg files placed directly on my NAS (NFS) file device by four indoor IP2M-841B and two outdoor IP2M-842B cameras. The cameras are configured for motion activation and create both video and jpg files when triggered. I would like some additional details on the folder and file structure that results. I am aware that idx files are also produced.

Please share details of the naming conventions used by the cameras when creating new folders and files. Apologies if that information is already available in a technical reference elsewhere on the site (I couldn't find it). Finally, if you are aware of existing Linux shell scripts (BASH, Bourne, KSH, other) which traverse and manipulate the folder/file structure resulting from camera operation, please share info.

Thanks,
Darryl
jamestx10

Re: IP2M-841, IP2M-842 NAS Folder and File Structure

Post by jamestx10 »

I am working on the same in PowerShell. Will share here when complete.
IP2M-841
Darryl

Post by Darryl »

James (jamestx10) -

Good to know others are also interested and working on the problem. Happy to see your script, and I'll gladly share mine, too.

I do think the problem will be more easily and better solved the manufacturer can provide us with a full description of the folder and file names and logic used by the cams when recording events. Hoping that Amcrest will be able to provide.

Darryl
wakk3r

Post by wakk3r »

I also have this question of snapshot naming convention (I open https://amcrest.com/forum/the-archive-o ... t1310.html )
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately we do not have that information handy. If possible, please send an email to [email protected] detailing what your requirements are so that we can forward it to the developers for more information.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us