IP2M-841 gets really hot and stops responding

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Durwood

IP2M-841 gets really hot and stops responding

Post by Durwood »

I have only had the IP2M-841 about a week and in the last couple days have tried to get it setup. I noticed yesterday that the camera became non-responsive and when I checked it the bottom was almost too hot to touch. I figured maybe this was because the spot it was sitting was now in the sun. After cooling down the camera it seemed to start working again. I recently mounted the camera in its permanent location, out of the sun, and after a few hours the camera started dropping connections and pings eventually becoming completely unresponsive (all pings failing). Anyone else had this problem?
Durwood

Re: IP2M-841 gets really hot and stops responding

Post by Durwood »

So when it stops responding, the camera spins 180 degrees and faces backwards. I did get a message yesterday just before it stopped responding on the live feed via the web console "system low on resources".
Durwood

Post by Durwood »

So when the camera stops responding, it turns 180 degrees and faces backwards. I did get a message the other day while watching the live camera view that "system resources low" or something to that effect.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello Durwood ,

It could be a defective camera. You can replace it under warranty. You can submit a request for replacement on the link below.

www.amcrest.com/rma
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Mowie

Post by Mowie »

How can i submit an rma if the unit will be coming from the philippines?
shaunmurray

Post by shaunmurray »

Be aware. To get an RMA, you WILL have to have gone thru their tech support and get the recommendation from there; the RMA tech WILL require that.

But further aware, ANY RMA from this company, you will have to pay for shipping. And (from being in the US) and the only option available is the $15 ship-everything isn't going to be a quick turn around.

I recently went this around and around with this company. I've already purchased the equipment and future software enhancements. I've already paid for shipping and handling. I assumed I was getting a working product. Boy was I wrong. One camera, that I paid the 4MP price for, will now forever be, a 1080p camera. All because I won't pay for replacing faulty equipment from the manufacturer.

AMCREST HARDWARE IS TERRIBLE! Spend your hard $ elsewhere...