IP2M-841 deleting motion recording everyday

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
AGupta

IP2M-841 deleting motion recording everyday

Post by AGupta »

I have 7 IP2M-841 cameras. They upload recordings to FTP server.

Three of these cameras are configured only to record when motion is detected. These cameras are somehow deleting the motion recordings everyday. There is 10TB space on FTP server so they are not running out of space. Auto Delete Old Files is turned off, so they will not delete old recordings. This has started happening after upgrading firmware to V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2020-02-17. It never used to happen with older firmware.

The four cameras which record 24x7 to FTP server do not have this issue, I have to manually delete their recording. So, why three cameras are deleting motion recordings everyday?
longedge
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841 deleting motion recording everyday

Post by longedge »

Can you confirm that in the camera settings System/Auto Maintain/Auto Delete Old Files is NOT checked.

If that is the case, then try checking the option and set a period of e.g. 7 days to see if that changes things.

As usual it's very important to remember to click on save immediately after making any change, it does no harm to click again if you're not sure you did it :)
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
AGupta

Post by AGupta »

I have tested with unchecking Auto-delete old files which totally disables any deletion and the camera still deletes the motion recording files every day from the FTP server. I have tested with setting the time to 30 days, but camera is still deleting every day.

When I switch the same camera to to 24x7 recording without changing any other setting, the old files are NEVER deleted even when I set auto delete to 30 days. I have to delete them using a cron job on FTP server.

So, all these point to some issue with the new firmware. When I was running older firmware (don't remember which version was it), the motion recording files were never deleted. I had to run a cron job on FTP server to delete them every 30 days. At one time, I had over 10,000 files from a single camera...!!!

I have had these cameras for several years now, so I am not a newbie at this. I have other brand cameras also. These upload to FTP server as well. Nothing like this happens with those.

Is there a way to file a bug with Amcrest?

Thanks,
Arun
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Best to contact Support for them to setup a Bug Report for you.. With being the 841 I am not sure it will do much as I think and don't quote me on this but I think they are phasing it out and that is why the V3 was released that is nothing even compared to v1 or v2 841 IMO..

Had the same Issue but after I did a Reset and before setting up my FTP back in the camera UI I went and removed the Auto Delete and reboot to never saved and then went and setup FTP now I have to Delete all the old files again.. This is with 2020 FW Also have some of the older FW 841's I prefer them over the 2020 and 2019.. Less issues..
Be Safe.
Yonneh

Post by Yonneh »

Are there any plans of fixing this? same issue still exists 7 months later- had to return 14 cameras today :/
correction- different camera, IP4M-1051B, same issue.