IP2M-148 Privacy Mode

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
leffew

IP2M-148 Privacy Mode

Post by leffew »

I have just gotten a 2M-148 camera that I access with EDGE in web mode. While trying the control out I also clicked on Privacy button below the PTZ control. OK, I got the lower part of the video blocked, but how do I get out of Privacy mode?
I tried clicking on the Privacy button again, but that did not help.
I finally had to do a factory reset to get the video back.

How does one get out of Privacy mode in web access?
leffew

Re: IP2M-148 Privacy Mode

Post by leffew »

Sorry, it is a 2M-841
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello, Welcome to the Forum.

To be honest it is a feature I don't use. However logging into the camera with the AVP and using the little Mask didn't seem to make it work. Logging into Edge in Edge mode I am able to use the feature. However in my case at first didn't look like the button did anything. I move the Pan and tilt yet nothing moved. I pressed the button again and the screen went blank. I pressed it again and the screen came back and was able to Pan and tilt again.

So for me it seems to be working. As I said I have it installed in an area that I don't ever want to turn off access to the feeds so I don't use it.

I know that the feature is also in my Smart Home mini PT ASH21, again not something Use. I have tested the ASH21 in both wired and wireless in the past with the ability to return to active even on Wifi. I wonder if maybe the issue with your camera is that you might be working in Wifi? My 841v3 is a first release model and not sure if there is anything different from a model that was built after that. Meaning. Maybe the design has a flaw in the newer models that the camera goes offline without being able to return if using Wifi. Or maybe the feature even within my 841v3 would react the same on wifi I am using it Wired so I can't say.

An idea though. If you happen to have it hooked up wireless, Maybe try the feature again and see if you can get out of it. If not. Rather then doing a factory reset, Connect a Ethernet cable to the camera and see if the camera has a flaw using that feature over Wifi? If you are on ethernet already then moot test..
Be Safe.
leffew

Post by leffew »

Yes, I am on WiFi, but the camera does not go off line when I press Privacy Mode. I can still connect.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok Thank you. Just an idea of what might have been going on. Wasn't really thinking that your connection is lost, it goes with the way things might be built within the Circuit.

So if you have already done a Reset as you said was only way to get it to come back. If you have tested it again and still has the same result then the issue might be Software or Hardware related. So first I would try to install the Firmware on the camera again. This might be a way to fix the issue. However if after a FW install and the camera acts the same way then the camera is damaged and if still under warranty then will need to make a Ticket for a RMA for your camera.
Be Safe.
leffew

Post by leffew »

Well, the FW on the camera is dated 2023-07-12 and the FW on the Amcrest download site is 2022-08-11 so I don't think I will downgrade the camera.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well you might want to talk with Amcrest. My guess is if you have a FW that has a date newer then the Stable one that is online. Then there was something reported wrong with the One you have installed right now and the way to correct it would be to add the Update to Downgrade.. Amcrest has a Shipping FW installed in all devices. There will never be a FW installed when you buy a camera or device new that has been out for a while that would have a newer FW then the last stable version online.. Only way that happens is if the camera or device is new Release then there shouldn't be any FW listed at the time of release. Then when there is a FW update it would be newer then the one on the device.. Sounds like you bought a Used 841V3 where someone put the update on it and it failed to work, so they sold it.
Be Safe.