IP PTZ night time temps

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

IP PTZ night time temps

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So have a few Amcrest PTZ cameras and normally I don't have many of my cameras in IR mode at night. So when I change a location and have to use IR I get a little alarmed when I see my cameras start running high temps.

Right now it is 77 out and after 3am. Humidity is around 78% so not as bad as it can get.. However tonight I notice my 850 is running 109F that isn't to bad however my 846EB is running at 153F and that kind of worries me. Normally this camera is in a well LIt area and the temps normally don't get over 112 on a night like tonight. As I said I have moved the camera to an area that I need the IR on. It only has 2 LEDS my guess would be they are 1 watt each and I don't see them being any larger then 3watts each. There is nothing stating what the TEMPS can run while powered with POE only thing in the data sheet is 12v and 24v with 24v higher temp ratings.. My guess with POE that it should be able to handle more heat? I would have to look at mine as I don't remember if it is 12v or 24v version I am guessing the 12 and I do have it in an area that I could power it with 12v 2amps easy enough.

Just looking to see if anyone has this camera and this is normal? Like I said normally this camera is in a Well lit area so camera is normally in Color at night..
Be Safe.
jack7

Re: IP PTZ night time temps

Post by jack7 »

At 11pm,  75° out and maybe 60% humidity, my 858 with 12v camera shows 107° with IR off, and 109° after 30 min. wait with IR on Manual set to 90 on farlight.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP PTZ night time temps

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah something isn't right. I wish there was some data i could find outside of the POE af for power rating because I am starting to guess that it might have something to do with it being connected to my POE switch.. I know that the data I found for the camera says 12v was the lower heat rating 24v was over 140 I think or right around there.. The normal OP temp is from -4 to 140 F max and that is what worries me is either the Temp circuit is reading wrong or it is running over Temps..

So I know that normally my POE af runs at 48 and I wonder if mine is running at 57v as I remember reading somewhere at one point on one of my Switches the output voltage was 57v looking at the GUI for the Switch it just says that it is providing 11570millwatts at this time and couldn't find the output voltage of the POE switch port and with circuits at times with over voltage they are designed to exchange some heat but not like it has been today the max it was 156 around 4pm
Screenshot (1092).png
Screenshot (1092).png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 1875 times
Be Safe.