IP ConfigTool Won't Login

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
gregh

IP ConfigTool Won't Login

Post by gregh »

New Amcrest IP5M-T1179EW
Windows 11

I changed the admin password after setting up the camera. I am currently logged into the camera now and it is functioning properly.
However, the incredibly frustrating IP ConfigTool reports "Incorrect username or password" when I try to login with it. The Settings are correct, yet, when I attempt to login it fails.
This is happening _while_ I am logged into the camera using Amcrest View.
ConfigTool accepts neither the new password or the default. The only way to get it to login is after I press the physical reset button and use the default login/password.
What am I doing wrong here?
check6

Re: IP ConfigTool Won't Login

Post by check6 »

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I suspect an incompatible change to Windows.

I last used IP Config about three weeks ago. I could log in only if I typed the password. The login would fail if I pasted the password from my password manager. Now, login fails even when I type the password. In addition, the tool crashes when I try to set the default password using the "Login" button.

I haven't tried factory reset.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2. I'm wondering if one of the following quality updates (and perhaps an analogous one for you) has finally knocked over IP Config:

2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5036892)
Successfully installed on 4/10/2024

2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64 (KB5037036)
Successfully installed on 4/10/2024

2024-03 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64 (KB5036580)
Successfully installed on 4/8/2024
gregh

Post by gregh »

@check6, thanks for the reply. The frustration had risen pretty high trying to get ConfigTool to function. At least I know I'm not losing my marbles! :roll:
check6

Post by check6 »

You are welcome.
check6

Post by check6 »

I misspoke: IP Config crashes when I try to set the default password using the "Settings" button. Whether or not it crashes seems to depend upon length.

The default I want to set is 20 characters long. When I paste it into the "Default Password" field of the "Settings" dialog, there's no way to see the characters. Only 16 dots show in the "Default Password" field. If I press "OK", IP Config crashes. If I delete the last dot and press "OK", IP Config does not crash. The number of dots in the "Password" field I see by pressing the "Login" button grows from 5 to 15.

In any event, I am not able to use IP Config to log into cameras using passwords acceptable to the web UI, when I last did so around the first week of April.