IP cameras run in Dark spaced 24/7

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

IP cameras run in Dark spaced 24/7

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello all sorry for the dumb question but at times things happen lol..

So I have a Camera that I have in dark spaces, This space are always dark unless there is active person in area. I normally have a IR Blaster working however after 11 years now of use I would say on average 8300 hours per year. That IR blaster is no longer any good and contacting the company that I bought it from no longer has that model and they no longer offer 10 year warranty now only 5 and makes me wonder if quality is still going to be there for the price I don't want to pay

So I know cameras don't have as high grade IR leds as the Blaster did and won't last as long in the camera, I am just wondering what people do outside of just setting up a day time to run in Color to turn off IR so it isn't working overtime on the IR leds? Even though in that time my NVR will be recording a black screen?

I mean I guess I could always setup a Timmer to turn on a 9watt led bulb every day for the normal day time running time?

Just wondering what others do with Cameras setup in Pure dark areas all day long?

Any feedback would be great Thanks
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Re: IP cameras run in Dark spaced 24/7

Post by jack7 »

How about just leaving a 9W LED bulb on 24/7.  If I calculated right, this 6 pack should last 10 years, assuming each one can be on continuously. Just have to change it out every couple of years.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0847 ... 0DER&psc=1
scod

Re: IP cameras run in Dark spaced 24/7

Post by scod »

I'd just try it with the integrated IR lights and leave them on all the time if it works well enough. Otherwise, add external lighting or more cameras. I've picked up Amcrest cameras as low as $20 refurbished so IR lights going bad years later isn't a major concern.