IP Camera will not accept usernam/pw

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ppruett

IP Camera will not accept usernam/pw

Post by ppruett »

I'm losing my mind here. I have a bullet 4k ip camera installed via cat6 poe into a unifi siwtch. I installed it, configured it, and it worked fine. Fast forward a month and it stops working. I decided I'd do some trouble shooting and a part of that was deleting it and starting over. Now, no matter what I do, it refuses to accept username and password. I've installed other cameras that I know work at the same location, still can't accept UN/PW. I even got a new camera, configured it, and BOOM, cannot accept UN/PW. I am at the end of my rope here. Why won't this stupid thing accept the UN/PW?

I type it in and it sits "connecting" for an eternity and then when something else changes it goes back to username/password error.

What do I have to do to make this thing work?

Please help.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP Camera will not accept usernam/pw

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

So I am not sure what type of software your working with or what things you might have had playing in your network. However only thing I have ever heard of something like this happening is when one of my Friends used a software that locked out his user name and password. Oddly it wasn't something he found out at first because when he moved it to a different port it worked for him to log in once, Changed back to other location and it no longer would log in, Setup different cameras same password and user name no log moved to a different port then before on this network it worked however it would only work once. So I am not saying what he had is what you have but from what I seen in your post reminding me from what he had..

So here is what I would try. Seeing you said you have NEW camera, setup with different IP and different password then you had for the non working one and see if it will stay working

Next and or first, Maybe remove from switch port it is on now and see if it works on different port. It might be that your switch is a managed port and has been setup for something that your camera isn't programed to work with.. If it works on a different port then I would Reset your Uni Switch and try again.. I can do all kinds of crazy things on my Switches at port level.. Might save some time just trying a different port then setting up different cameras to find out later it was something in the port that was locking out the IP, mac, password or even Device UUID if your switch has all that ability it might be that in a Update on your Switch it found that there was a Port leak or something caused by the camera and after that update your switch killed the ability for the camera or anything on that port to function until the error is corrected..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP Camera will not accept usernam/pw

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also double check your cables. Make sure they are good and if they are CCA I would look into replacing them.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe