IP Camera Web Access Playback missing previous days video

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Kalvin

IP Camera Web Access Playback missing previous days video

Post by Kalvin »

Ok, I've had my IPM-723B for just over 2 weeks and I am still fighting with it.

I 've owned a Foscam before. I had bugs, but not as bad as this.

So, I noticed that in the IP Camera WEb Access that motion triggered videos disappear. I thought this might be because the camera was over writing them because of lack of storage. (I had a 32 Gb card.) So I purchases a64 Gb card with the same results.

On the plaback screen there is a calendar and the days number will turn green if there is video on that day. I think I have seen it once where there was video on a previous day. I am lucky if the video for today stays. I purposely triggered the motion this morning and this afternoon. This video no longer shows in todays time line.

When I take the sd memory card out and read it in a pc, I see there is no video directory (Dav folder) for the previous days. It is like the directory has been deleted. On the 32 Gb card the directories go back at least 4 days. There is a jpg folder, but no dav folder. (The dav folder is where the mp4 video is stored.)

This is one of the many bugs I am fighting, but I will work thru them one at a time.

I'm almost ready to send this camera back.

Amcrest, any answers for this?
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: IP Camera Web Access Playback missing previous days video

Post by Melvin »

Hello Kalvin,

Under setup > system > auto maintain check if the auto delete old files option is selected. Other than that I am not sure why this might be happening. How long does the recording stay then?
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us