IP Camera (IP8M-2496E) automatically reverts video resolution and codec settings to default after saving changes

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
QuartzTeam

IP Camera (IP8M-2496E) automatically reverts video resolution and codec settings to default after saving changes

Post by QuartzTeam »

My company has used hundreds of the exact same camera and we have seen this problem across many of them. Despite rebooting the camera, performing a FW update, saving the settings, refreshing the page, or even saving the settings once then waiting ten seconds to save them again before leaving the page, the video resolution often times reverts back to its default setting of 1080p and the codec back to H.264. How can we make sure that changes to the video settings never revert automatically back to their defaults again?

Also, we change our camera settings through the IP addresses of each camera, and use NX Witness to view feeds. And we've purchased enough of them that I'm sure this is not something to do with a camera that wasn't properly reset after a return.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP Camera (IP8M-2496E) automatically reverts video resolution and codec settings to default after saving changes

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

So here is a lot of info that is missing and to be honest it would be kind of hard to have a total idea of what the cameras issue is because it is being used with 3rd party VMS software.. Some of the issues that I have found even on my own cameras when connected in the past to Amcrest Cloud was that when I would make a connection to my camera over WebUI and make changes the Cloud would within some time change it back

My guess is that there is something the cameras that are changing the Encoding is being done either by the software that your connecting it to or by the hardware that it is connected to like maybe if you all use Coldstore that is part of NX it might be something within that setup that is causing your camera to change back and again there is way to much with in the VMS to be able to pin point what the issue really is..

You would have to look over what parts your using and to be honest, I wouldn't personally use NX or any other software that requires me to give them my password and or that will store my Data within their Servers... My Data is my Data and I am not giving anyone access to my videos without me handing it over personally...
Be Safe.