ip camera does not work after changing router

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
alanbaker

ip camera does not work after changing router

Post by alanbaker »

Hi!!
I have a router on my network with a router, 3 switches, 9 cameras, 2 PCs and a DVR all connected by ethernet. Recently I changed the router and after that 4 of the camera's do not work, as I turn off the router everything will be normal, but after turning the router off again those 4 camera does not work please HELP
alanbaker

Re: ip camera does not work after changing router

Post by alanbaker »

thanks for helping
all of the cameras and router are connected to those 3 switches
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ip camera does not work after changing router

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sounds like there is an issue with the way the cameras are configured.

1 DVR or NVR? (Network Video Recorder) OR Digital Video Recorder..

Next if it is a NVR then it sounds like that your cameras are not connected to the NETWORK right. If they are on DHCP then the Router will change the IP to suit the Routers needs for access to the internet.. So what needs to happen is that the cameras and the NVR need to be on the same network range. If for some reason your NVR and 4 cameras are no longer on the same network then the NVR won't be able to access them and keep recording the feeds..

So here is steps that needs (Should) be taken when changing to a new router. First and Easiest is set all camera and NVR to DHCP before changing to the new router. This will insure that when your new router is connected it will give all the cameras and NVR a good IP address that is within the Range of the current Routers pool... (Goes for your Switches if they are Managed)

Then once your system has the right IP range for your network the cameras will be able to be accessed. You will need to know what was what and where as not all the time will the NVR pull in new IP without your intervention.. So Then you will want to first using the GUI of the NVR go to Main Menu, Then Network, and TCP/IP and change that back to Static and enter an IP you like with in the range of the one the router gave it (So like if the router was setup for 10.0.2.1 as the gateway and hands out upto 10.0.2.99 then set it within that range to your liking) then if the camera didn't pull into the NVR on its own that is easy to fix. Go to your camera you had on CH1, Finding it with the new address it was given by your router, THen log in, setup, Network, TCP/IP and change back to Static again give a IP with the range of your network lets say you gave your NVR 50. So make your ch1 camera 10.0.2.51, make sure that it did also change the Gateway to the right 10.0.2.1. Then in your NVR's GUI main menu, camera, click ch1 pencil icon and change the IP address to that new 10.0.2.51 save that should now make that channel pop up... Do that for the rest of the Cameras...

My guess is that some of the cameras were setup for Static and some where not.. Remember if you don't remember what camera was where look at the days past playback to get an idea of what was where for your ability to keep them in the same setup as you had them..

This task should take no longer then 20min to do 10 cameras
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe