IP address issues

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
gpopick

IP address issues

Post by gpopick »

Got new Amcrest h/w for Christmas. NV4116E-HS NVR set up without issue. Changed it's IP to what I wanted for the vlan I setup for security h/w. Connected an Amcrest camera (IP5M-B1186EW-28MM). The camera image displays on the NVR monitor and displays in the ViewPro app. But the IP address was set to 10.1.1.128. I don't know where that address came from. Nothing on my network is 10.1.1.anything - must be a default. I can't see where to set the camera IP to a static address of my choice. The IP Config Tool can't even see the camera, probably because it's on a strange network. The closest I got was browsing to the IP of the NVR, logging into the NVR and clicking on the ModifyIP button for the camera. That lets me enter static IP and gateway values, but when Save button is clicked I get Operation failed. Need some pointers to modify the camera IP. Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP address issues

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

Covered that in a Video the other day, You can find that Video here it will cover what your trying to do https://youtu.be/oIdbookn6qw
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also incase I wasn't clear in the Video.

When you log in the WebUI of a Camera you have not connected to before outside the NVR, You will be prompted to Change the Password. You can't bypass that it will make you change it. Once you change it on the camera you will need to change it in the NVR camera list. The camera will go offline in the NVR until you make that change..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also thought I better make sure you know when you are working with cameras in your new 4116E-HS NVR you as you already know have 8ch of NVR POE ports they will be listed as I say in the Video on Port 1-8 Mine showing Port1 with my POE 841. Now because I listed the cameras 2-5 on that NVR on my Network IP that is how you will connect other cameras on your NETWORK like Wifi cameras or cameras that are not POE.. A mistake that people can make is trying to connect lets say 4 POE cameras to Port1-4 and then they get 4 Wifi they want connected so they connect them on 5-8, then later you buy some more POE cameras and want to connect to your NVR you will need to move a camera off one of the 5-8 ports so you can install that new POE camera.

So in Truth what you really want to do is load all POE cameras on 1-8 and load any non cameras on 9-16. Even if you have only 2 poe cameras now save your self some time and head ache by loading the NVR Smart not like I did lol. This way you can just connect your next POE to a port without having a change cameras around.

You can use the Sequence feature on the NVR to change the Gird of the cameras to fit your needs. like this lets say.

Load POE cameras on your POE PORT of the NVR in this case lets say 2

Port 1 Camera
Port 2 Camera
Port 3 Empty
Port 4 Empty
Port 5 Empty
port 6 Empty
Port 7 Empty
Port 8 Empty
Ch 9 Wifi or normal IP camera
Ch10 Wifi
Ch11
Ch12
Ch13
Ch14
Ch15
Ch16

Then using Sequence so you can see the cameras listed in your Grid view right. In the NVR Right click go to Sequence, It will now show your cameras you can move 9 in to 3rd slot and 10 in 4th slot, Save and now when you click on 4 camera view it will show all your 4 cameras on the display in that grid

Sorry if this is Things you already know I assumed that it might have been new to you and didn't know so I thought I would try and Explain how to setup so you don't have to move cameras around in the future. It is easy to start out right the first time setting up.
Be Safe
gpopick

Post by gpopick »

Thanks Revo2Maxx, the video did the trick. Got the camera IP set to what I needed. Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Very good glad to hear you got things sorted.
Be Safe