Info about setting up 2 audio outputs a question

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Info about setting up 2 audio outputs a question

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I have a camera that I would like to have setup on my 4ch Amp where one channel is normal output for the camera, It will do the audio out for normal alarms and for 2 way audio. Like when they break a Intrusion zone, Prvt property please leave. However if they happen to go past this area and trigger a tripwire I would like it to warn normal as before and if they happen to stay in that area there is another rule after a set time the alarm will go off..

Would like that Alarm going off to go out a different channel on my Amp that is no longer a normal speaker but is a loud speaker. So what I have setup right now ends up with a loud hum and don't understand why it isn't working. Maybe someone with a better understanding of how to use a Relay can explain why the change to the second input that has a higher output going to a loud speaker isn't working as I think it should?

How it is setup,

IP camera with Audio in and out and alarm in and out. I have setup on a Tripwire and intrusion rules that on ch1 of the amp and or my normal 2 way audio works just fine. When The camera on Rule 3 for Loitering Detection and timer setup for 10 seconds as the rule 2 counts down from the alarm output switches the relay to go from Ch1 of the amp to ch2 of the amp that is as I said connected to a loud speaker and at a higher volume from the amp output. That rule is setup for 11 seconds to trigger, it triggers on that rule the alarm out that switches the relay and I have the audio alarm to sound 3 times.

However when it changes over to the ch2 it don't work as I thought it would/should and don't sound right. I thought maybe the relay I was using was bad so I changed out relay with a different one, Still the same issue so I thought ok bad connection for the amp. I tried it on ch3 same results. I know that ch2 and 3 work just fine because if I take the normal output and send what is going over ch1 plays out on ch2 and 3 and 4. It is only an issue when the Audio is being switched from the normal output via Relay? The relay opens and closes as expected via the Alarm output from the camera. The audio channel is isolated from the voltage but don't understand where the feedback is coming from once the 3rd rule triggers.

Anyone done this with their camera? How did you setup yours to work right?

I have tried it with the Relay that has built in Diode, without, with built in resistor and even adding a diode to a relay that didn't have one and all same result?

I know this works because I have another system setup on a differnt alarm that I installed and has been running for a couple of years. In that system it is setup on one of my vehicles where I have my stand back warning going down to a speaker that the volume has been turned down and when the Alarm goes off it sounds other full volume alarm speakers from 1 relay and don't have any hum of the audio.

Relay is a 12v 5pin relay
12v + and - as normal to 85 and 86. Ground passing from cameras alarm out triggers Relay.
Pin 30 Audio + from the Camera out
Pin 87a to amp in to ch1
Pin 87 to Amp in to ch2

Channel 1 and Channel 2 have the share ground from the cameras speaker output.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Info about setting up 2 audio outputs a question

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Never mind. So the issue for me seems to be Dirty POE or the Amp isn't' well isolated or both. So doing some more testing I took my camera off POE and plugged in to 12v and the hum was gone. So I took my scope and connected it up to my audio channels of the camera and there is some type of noise there that isn't there when I use the camera on 12v.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe