ICE up Event how do others cure PTZ's from Ice UP?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

ICE up Event how do others cure PTZ's from Ice UP?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so I have moved my 850EB's from where they used to be and have them in Direct path of Snow, Rain Sleet and right now after about 2 feet of snow falling one of my 850EB are starting to ICE up. I have in the past had them under cover because of another camera of type that likes to ICE up from Dahua much OLDER IR with nothing other then the fan and IR to warm or cool.

So while this isn't killing the camera yet seeing the ICE is starting to form off the top to the part that rotates and will before long make it Freeze to where it won't rotate. Right now the ICE is forming in front of the Lens and because I have IR in use the camera is now going Dark..

I don't have any more Heat tape but is there anything anyone that lives in a Wet area with Humid weather to keep the cameras from Icing up? This would be for people with like cameras, or Older CVBS IR flat face cameras as well?

I have other non IR PTZ cameras and even some Bullets with heaters built in and while my 850's say they are at a good 59F they are starting to cool down because the IR is Adjusting down do to adjustments in IR and camera. This week it isn't going to get much over 28 out side. The Lows are -3F AKA -19C

Out side of heat tape what do others do to keep their cameras from Freezing? In the time Of writing this the ice in front of lens grew past the FOV and that is just crazy.. Lucky I have other cameras working the same area under cover.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ICE up Event how do others cure PTZ's from Ice UP?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Screenshot (1787).png
Screenshot (1787).png (753.43 KiB) Viewed 202 times
Screenshot (1788).png
Screenshot (1788).png (469.3 KiB) Viewed 202 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe