I need a IP2m-842 drop mount

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Lynd

I need a IP2m-842 drop mount

Post by Lynd »

I need to move my camera due to an obstruction, I'd like to center in over my driveway under the overhang but there seems to be no mount to do this? Every mount that I see is intended for a 1/4" screw stud.

I've come up with the idea to use a cast iron floor mount, screw a 6" - 3/4" pipe into it for a drop down, put another floor mount on the bottom, and somehow fasten the 842 mount to that. That's as far as the idea has gone so far, any suggestions?

Another question, this would put my camera right next to a bright, motion activated, LED driveway flood light. Do you think that the light from the fixture would cause any video issues? The camera would be right next to the light, not in front and not behind.
Lynd

Re: I need a IP2m-842 drop mount

Post by Lynd »

Problem solved!!! I looked everywhere online, without a 1/4" threaded mount there was nothing out there.

I purchases (2) floor mounts for 3/4" iron pipe. I mounted one to my overhang, I cut a 6", then 4", then 3" pipe until I got the elevation where I wanted it, and clamped on a second floor mount on the bottom. I drilled the lower floor mount for the pattern of the Amcrest base and bolted the camera on. I then nestled my camera next to my 3 LED flood light so it wasn't as obvious. I'm very happy how it turned out. $12 later, I've got a sturdy stand customized to my need!