I changed routers, how can I change the IP of two cameras

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
stillrivereditions

I changed routers, how can I change the IP of two cameras

Post by stillrivereditions »

I replaced my router with a new one. It forced a base IP of 198.168.4.* for the network. It was 192.168.1.* I have two cameras that I can not see any longer (as expected) and I need/want to change them to the new base IP. It seems like I can not do that from the app on my iPhone or from IP config on my Mac. Both cameras are up very high outdoors and it makes it not easy to push the reset buttons.

Is there any other way to do this?

Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: I changed routers, how can I change the IP of two cameras

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You will want to make your PC have Static IP. You can do this in a Temp setup or as a constant it is up to you..

However to make it easy I will tell you how to do it as TEMP setup. (Win 10)

Press the Windows Key and X then Press W, This will bring up your Networking area
Then click Ethernet, then on the right click Change Optoins, then new box will open then right click the Network connection and Properties
Look about 4 or 5 down to Network IPv4 click that then Properties in there it most likely is setup for DHCP you will want to change that to Static IP

In there you will want to add in your Static IP in the range of the Cameras old IP. So if you remember the OLD IP just give the PC a IP that isn't the same like this

Cameras IP 192.168.1.103, 192.168.1.104

Computers IP 192.168.1.120
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.1.1
Last 3 lines is what you would want to setup in your Static IP area for your PC after you press apply your Computer will no longer have access to your local network but when you bring up IP Config or the IP address for your cameras you will have access to the cameras WebUI..

CLick setup top right
click Network
TCP/IP.
If they are Wifi then you will want to change both Wired and Wifi (Wireless) connections to DHCP if you don't know the Range you want to give an IP to. Once you setup for DHCP and Save it will now get an IP from your Router and your connection will be lost

After all cameras have been changed to DHCP or giving a Good Static IP in the Right Range of IP's for your network. go back to your PC's Network

Change the Static IP area back to DHCP settings and press apply this will now give your computer a IP back in your Network range..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
stillrivereditions

Well you might have not caught the fact I am on a Mac. But I like your suggestion and am now trying to figure out how to do the temp static IP on it. I thought I figured it out and then ran Amcrest IP Config and had it search but it just beach balled and never found the two cameras I need to change the IP on.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 6.58.52 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 6.58.52 PM.jpg (142.57 KiB) Viewed 940 times
jack7

Post by jack7 »

If you have not done much beyond installing the new router, I suggest using your router Web UI to change the router IP address and wifi ssid and password using the values from the old router.  That may do it for you.
stillrivereditions

Only solution I was able to get to work was climb up a ladder and push the reset buttons on each.