I can see all cameras inside my network, I can only see 1 outside of my network

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Hotrod53

I can see all cameras inside my network, I can only see 1 outside of my network

Post by Hotrod53 »

I have (3) 1P2M-842 cameras on my network. When inside of my home network, I can see all 3. When outside of my network, I can only see 1. I've recently formatted all 3 cameras and I've checked the settings on the good camera vs the settings on the other 2 that I can't see and they are the same. I've got my stream set for #6 high quality and my substream set for #1 low quality video, both at 30fps. It's always the same camera that I can see and all have good signal strength and all are on the same WIFI network.

I also have Blue Iris 5....which also has a remote access feature called TACIT. I can see all 3 cameras on that app, the problem is that TACIT many times can't hit my static IP address therefore its unreliable.

Any suggestions?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: I can see all cameras inside my network, I can only see 1 outside of my network

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sounds like when you added your 3 cameras they were added differently..

Take one of the cameras that you can't see outside your network and remove it from app.. Then Add it back. This time click the P2P option as the way you want to add it not over the IP address.. Then gave it a name and put in the password and once you have it added back that way turn off your local Wifi on your phone and use your CELL data to test that your able to connect..

I am guessing that the one you have connected with P2P and that is why you can see that one and the others you used IP setup method and that is why you can't see them outside your network...
Be Safe.
Hotrod53

Re: I can see all cameras inside my network, I can only see 1 outside of my network

Post by Hotrod53 »

Revo2Maxx was exactly correct! One was added P2P, two were added using the IP address. Configured each using P2P and remote is active!
jerryn3

Post by jerryn3 »

Similar to your problem, I have 7 Amcrest cams and until about a month ago have been able to view them all remotely. Suddenly 2 of them refuse to show. Have tried deleting and reinstalling with all available options (IP, P2P, serial number). Also compared all settings with working cameras. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

you will want to make sure that your cameras are on your Main network or that your network where the cameras are placed have access to the internet. So what do I mean? Well in the case of my home. I have 5 routers out of the 5 routers only 4 have access to the internet. If I were to add cameras on the 5th Router anything on that router even though it is connected to my main router that router has been denied access to the internet and anything behind it.

So if you have a network setup with more then 1 router or if you have a Mesh network with a few AP's you might want to make sure that your AP's are giving access to internet..

Outside of that it might be there was some type of setting that was set in the camera and over time you forgot about making that setting and this has caused the system to stop allowing the P2P.. What you can do is log into the WebUI of the camera (Locally) and go to network, TCP/IP and click on P2P and see if that says it is on or off. If shows offline then there is an issue with that cameras accessing the interent..

1 last thing. Make sure the DNS isn't setup for your computer or your Router. If in the USA I would use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for DNS...

Sorry I said 1 last thing already to lazy to fix it.. So Honestly the last thing lol. If you have connected your camera to a POE nvr then you no longer have access to the camera from outside the NVR it self
Screenshot (4448).png
Screenshot (4448).png (132 KiB) Viewed 2188 times
Be Safe.
jjmartin5

Post by jjmartin5 »

I have the identical problem. We did not change anything. It has worked for 2 years. A month ago we lost the ability to view live streams from the public internet on 3 of 5 poe cameras with the view pro app (!both iphone and android). In our private network, everything works (the nvr is fine and amcrest surveillance pro works fine). We just lost the ability to see live streams from the outside (with view pro app) on 3 of the 5 cameras. Thanks!!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Log into the cameras WebUI of the ones that are not able to be connected to outside your local network. Double check that the P2P is working and that it shows it is online. If it is enabled and offline then you will want to double check your DNS information and make sure it is setup for your area. Most of my devices are 8.8.8.8 for main and 8.8.4.4 for second. If your DNS is setup to your router I would change to a better one.
Be Safe.