How to get notifications for specific regions/Detection areas IP8M-T2499EW

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
fjl05

How to get notifications for specific regions/Detection areas IP8M-T2499EW

Post by fjl05 »

I have the IP8M-T2499EW-28MM camera

In the detection area setup of my camera it allows me to set 4 different regions each with its own name and sensitivity. Is it possible to set it up to send out alerts via email or the app notifications when a certain Region is set off?

An example would be the driveway camera. Region #1 is set around my driveway, so if a car or anyone passes on the street by my driveway, the camera will start to record as normal but it wont send me an email or app notification. Region #2 I have it set only within the perimeter of my actual driveway. Meaning it will only go off if someone walks into the driveway. Which also records as normal, BUT i would also like to have it send me a notification that someone is physically in my driveway. So basically I want it to record whenever any motion is detected but have it notify me ONLY when someone goes into the driveway which would be Region #2. Notify me by email or preferably by the app.

How do I accomplish this?

Note: I noticed that the app only allows use of the first Region, which is a problem in itself.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: How to get notifications for specific regions/Detection areas IP8M-T2499EW

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly I don't know of any Amcrest cameras or system that will do that. However with a AI NVR or AI camera you can kind of setup something as you describe within the idea anyway..

Motion Detection setup for General recording and have it setup to Record to the NVR or the camera what ever one you would have, However for the same camera or same NVR you can have it setup for line crossing or some other type AI then when you setup the Push Notice you would have the option from the list of motion or other method of alert. Say Line Crossing. Then when that happens it will push to your phone and will not push for normal motion but would still record
Be Safe.
fjl05

Post by fjl05 »

well hopefully this is something they will implement in a future revision.
CarlosB

Post by CarlosB »

Please click on this link for an overview of the Email Notification setup. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAmzBboE5gU&t=2s

Amcrest Team
fjl05

Post by fjl05 »

CarlosB wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:56 am Please click on this link for an overview of the Email Notification setup. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAmzBboE5gU&t=2s

Amcrest Team
thanks but this didn't answer my specific question. Also I already have email setup to get notifications. What I need is a notification for when a specific region goes into alarm. The regions that can be changed @

Setup > Event > Video Detection > Motion Detection > Detection Area menu
CarlosB

Post by CarlosB »

You can only get notifications on one region setup in the camera's viewing radius at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience and will bring this up to our developers for consideration.

Amcrest Team
fjl05

Post by fjl05 »

Please do, to have them implement such a feature. And hopefully also implement a fix or feature for some of the problems I've mentioned in all my other posts.