How to get FTP connection error email alerts?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
fjl05

How to get FTP connection error email alerts?

Post by fjl05 »

I set up my cameras IP8M-T2499EB to use an FTP to save all the videos and pictures. Everything is in working order. Except the other day the FTP hard drive failed and I didnt realize it until I checked it.

Now I added my email configuration so it can send me email alerts. I've gotten the email to work and test successfully. But I can't figure out how to get it to send me an email alert when the cameras have an error reaching the FTP server. It doesn't even seem to have an option for that kind of notification. WEBgui btw.

Only place I've seen such notification is on the SD card menu. It will send an email if there is an error with the SD card. But how do I get it to send an email alert for when there is an error with the FTP?
fjl05

Re: How to get FTP connection error email alerts?

Post by fjl05 »

anyone?

or should I just take it that this isn't possible?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly I don't have a Perfect answer to your Question, So I will offer a Best Guess..

The reason that the Camera has a Built in Email use for MSD is because that part is something that it connected to the camera it self, Where there are things between a FTP server and the camera and while it can send out the data to a FTP server sadly that data is Raw and there is no Handshake outside of Auth.. So to be fair I would guess that maybe if a FTP server had the ability to Reject a Auth with FULL or something to tell a device that is connection to it they might then add to the Software ability. So for now it is Pure Raw Data from camera or DVR/NVR that is sent to the server for storage. Maybe you could setup a Notice off the Server to let you know if it is full or failed.
Be Safe.
fjl05

Post by fjl05 »

somehow I doubt thats true. In the FTP menu of the camera's WEB UI there is a test button. If it connects successfully the words FTP server test success will appear with a green checkmark.

If the FTP is down, it will say something like FTP connection failure with a red X

And another message I've seen is when setting up the FTP but set up the wrong directory, it will then get a message something like Not authorized to access FTP directory with a red X

So it definitely knows when there is an error and even the type of error. So its should also be able to send out an email notification when the FTP isn't connecting.