How to disable PC Sync for time

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mupimohan

How to disable PC Sync for time

Post by mupimohan »

Here is the problem.
When I travel to a different time zone and login to the camera from a web browser like IE, the time gets automatically synced to that PC time. This changes all my recording schedule. If it is one hour or so it is ok. But it is like Europe time as I check from a PC from the office in Europe.

I want to disable PC sync. I also dont want to use a web server for time as I dont want my camera exposed to the web.

I want to leave the time as EST so that my recording schedule does not change when I check from a PC in another time zone. Selecting a time zone in the System menu like GMT-5 does not have any effect on the time.

Why cant I just disable this PC Sync feature. If you give a feature, you should always give an option to disable it. Because not everyone needs the feature.
mupimohan

Re: How to disable PC Sync for time

Post by mupimohan »

Note that once I have pressed the PC Sync button on my home PC from where I set up the camera, the camera always seems to sync to whatever PC that I am logging in as that feature becomes active. I need to disable this useless option. Even if I dont press the PC Sync button on another PC, the camera automatically syncs to that PC's time which I dont want.

The camera should have an independent clock. If not then using a web server is the only option and then the camera is vulnerable as it is exposed.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

I tried using the NTP option anyway. It doesnt help.
It looks like when I login to the camera from a PC, the time automatically gets synced to that PC.
I know this because I changed the PC time and then logged into the camera using IE. Though I have turned on NTP option the camera gets synced to the PC time. This is not good.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

100+ views but no solution.

The R&D team in Houston can read my posts here and I have very clearly explained what the problem is. i.e I want to disable the useless PC Sync feature which will mess up the time and hence the recording schedule if I access the camera from a PC in another time zone. If they have read the posts and there is a no reply, then there is probably no solution now.

At least keep this as RFE for your next firmware update. It is ok to give that option to sync to PC time, but dont do it automatically. Do it only if the user wants to sync with the PC time. Keep an independent clock on the camera.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

bump
asdmfierwijfivv

Post by asdmfierwijfivv »

Agree this is frustrating. Hoping for resolution. I also noticed that when I change the timezone, it has no effect on the listed time. Same for NTP: I see traffic to my local NTP server, but the camera's time does not actually change: it is like all functionality is disabled if it ever gets a PC sync (which occurs during a login), and that is not desired behavior.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

I did a test with PC timezone changed, and it appears that camera time is changed at login only when Amcrest Web UI or Amcrest Surveillance is used.  It is not changed when another PC program  like IP Centcom is used to login camera.
Using an android device with another timezone does not cause camera time change with login in Amcrest View Pro or other apps.
So when using Amcrest software, you could temporarily change PC timezone to cam timezone before using Amcest software to login cam.  Or use android Amcrest View Pro on android tablet or on PC with an android emulator.