How to control motion detect record length?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jtchil0

How to control motion detect record length?

Post by jtchil0 »

Hello,

Sometimes my IP2M-841B begins recording of motion detections well after the event. Typical examples are, at night in the dark a car will be in my cul-de-sac with its headlights shining right into the camera, but the the video starts with the car already well into the cul-de-sac. Besides increasing the sensitivity, can you control how many seconds prior to the trigger that are recorded?

If not consider this a feature request, it would be great if the camera cached the last 60 seconds of video or so, then if a motion detection is triggered, that cache is included in the recorded video. That if there was some pre-trigger activity, you can see what it was.

Thanks.
FinickyBob

Re: How to control motion detect record length?

Post by FinickyBob »

If you have an NVR, it is in Storage > Schedule > Record. There is a 'Pre Record' check box where you have to enter the # in seconds you want the motion detect to record prior to the point of detection.
Techie007

Post by Techie007 »

The option you're looking for can be found under Storage -> Record control -> Pre-event Record in the IP2M-841's web-UI:

You can set it to pre-record up to 5 seconds before the event. With the previous (January 2016) firmware version, we used to be able to pre-record up to 8 seconds before an event, which is what I used. Amcrest?
Marauder1973

Post by Marauder1973 »

Even with pre event record of 5 seconds max I can't overcome the 10s of record-delay that is required by the software.
This leaves 5 seconds after an event that is always not captured. How is this a thing? Has anyone got the pre-event trigger to work at all?
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

seriously consider a nvr. i recall i was hesitant at first to get an amcrest nvr but i'm happy to have one because i don't lose a footage when it records both regular and motion detected.
marauder

Post by marauder »

amcrest168 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:37 pm seriously consider a nvr. i recall i was hesitant at first to get an amcrest nvr but i'm happy to have one because i don't lose a footage when it records both regular and motion detected.
I took your NVR advice and now I have yet another trouble ticket because the NVR wont finish boot right out of the box. So...fun times with this brand.