How to access camera away from home network?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
thusband

How to access camera away from home network?

Post by thusband »

So I've set up my IP8M-2496EW using the Android Amcrest Live View and also the web view for my laptop. How would I access the camera while away from my home network? Public IP address?

Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: How to access camera away from home network?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

Well I can't say that using a Public IP is the best Idea. I will say that P2P that is in your camera and able from your Cell phone is the best bet. Also if using a shared Public Wifi not really great idea to use your laptop however that can be done as well via Amcrest ASP program for Windows/Mac

Personally I think best thing would be to use your App on your cell, Delete the camera from app that you have now, Then set back up using P2P method. There is nothing else to do it is plainly that easy.. When you connect on your Cell Service there is no one there to snoop anyway and it is more secure then if you were trying to go in Public IP method that can leave your camera open for attack.. Only way someone would be able to connect to your camera over P2P is if they know the Serial Number and the Password.

So to setup. Remove from app. Then in app click the + Choose POE, choose p2p setup, scan QR code (or pick Enter Manually) put in the SN of the camera, Gave name and enter the user and password you setup. Click Live View and that is it.. Once you are off your network it will still have access to the camera just like you were there
Be Safe.
tawanagates

Re: How to access camera away from home network?

Post by tawanagates »

Two options: 1. VPN - connect to your home network securely for private access. 2. DDNS and Port Forwarding - assign a memorable address and route traffic to your camera, but ensure strong passwords and secure protocols. Public IP alone exposes your camera, avoid that. Choose based on desired security and convenience.