How do you shut down an NV4108-HS?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
keeena

Re: How do you shut down an NV4108-HS?

Post by keeena »

Amcrest - please get the ability to shutdown the NVR into the Web View browser app and View Pro smartphone app. Ridiculous that this option isn't available.
james_s

Post by james_s »

I just yank the power cord, never had any trouble with that, it's no different than what happens when there's a power outage.

I suppose there's a possibility of corrupting a recording but I haven't yet had that happen. The operating system in these is on a read-only file system.
Wiley

Post by Wiley »

On my NV4108EW, the only way I have been able to make the shutdown process easier ON ME is to use a good quality power strip that has a switch. The strip I use is the APC SurgeArrest. I've oriented the strip so that the switch is easy to see and operate. Over time, I have not had any indication that there has been any damage done after many power up/down cycles. Since Amcrest has not openly declared that pulling the plug or using a switched power strip is sure to cause their hardware to fail, implies that they don't see a need to worry. With that in mind, I don't see how they can refuse to accept any collateral damage claims that might occur.

Note: I forgot to mention that I do utilize the "SHUTDOWN" button before I switch the power strip off. Once shutdown commences, I watch the monitor for "No Signal", then power off the strip.

FYI, I don't see anything in the NVR documentation about visual clues on the monitor as the shutdown process progresses. I'm totally unsure if the informational icons of the ports, and the "No Signal" notification is from the NVR or my Acer monitor. If it is the monitor, you may not get the connectivity information I see.