How do you share cam video with others?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
smith1000

How do you share cam video with others?

Post by smith1000 »

Thinking about purchasing the Amcrest HD Series 720 wifi IP video IPM 721B, but uncertain if I can share the video by sending a link to other siblings in other states. Have an elderly parent and want to have all the kids monitor and they are located in other states. Can this be set up to allow through the administrative function? What steps are required? Many thanks.
mikedj

Re: How do you share cam video with others?

Post by mikedj »

I have a new Amcrest system (NVR and cameras), so I'm no expert, but I can say that the short answer to your question is yes.

The longer answer is there are some options as to how you can do that. I use two methods for remote monitoring of my system - the Amcrest iPhone/iPad apps and the Amcrest Surveillance Pro software (free download from Amcrest) on a laptop computer. Both methods allow you to access the system from anywhere, as long as you properly set up port forwarding on the router the camera is connected to. There may be other ways using the Amcrest Cloud setup, but I don't use that so I have no experience to share with that.

I hope this helps.

Mike
deltonr

Post by deltonr »

Thanks for your opinions above. If you need camera drone for your kids you can try this page, it seems to be updated regularly and shows the 10 best drones for children (affordable, good quality, good warranty) https://www.geekwrapped.com/drones-for-kids A lot of them look really fun. Take a look and let me know what you think!
scoutermac

Post by scoutermac »

What I would really like to see Amcrest offer with the Amcrest Cloud is allowing access to your cameras via multiple logins. By this I mean allowing the account holder to create a login that can be given out and the permissions to the video and camera restricted. For example creating a account with review only access that can be given to a friend or family. Perhaps an account with limited access that can be given to law enforcement. The limited access should prevent any changes to the cameras themselves and prevent anyone from deleting any videos.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

@deltonr - thanks for your link above - I'll look at it right after I've finished nailing my left foot to the floor with a six inch rusty nail.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
shaunmurray

Post by shaunmurray »

Could always share via RSTP... VLC ftw!
Z-Man

Post by Z-Man »

The easiest way to do this is to enable P2P on the camera.
Have everyone add the P2P camera to the app (IOS/Android) using the serial number.
Eazy Peazy.... :P :idea: :mrgreen:

No port forwarding needed. No messing around with router configuration.