How do I download video clips from camera?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Marty528

Re: How do I download video clips from camera?

Post by Marty528 »

longedge wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:21 am Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'm assuming that you have got your camera setup to record to the onboard MSD card.

I normally access my cameras via the WebUI and clicking on "Playback" displays the dates on which I have got recordings available (highlighted in green), a drop down box to select either mp4 or jpg files and the source i.e, SD card sshot1.jpg

Clicking on the file list button displays the files available for that date like so -
sshot2.jpg
At the side of each file is a download button (arrow). For me, when I click that the mp4 video downloads to my NAS.

My setup may be slightly different to what most people use in that I record snapshots to my NAS and video to the SD cards. One thing I'm not sure of - I don't think that I have ever specified the download path, unless I did so the first time I tried it and it 'stuck' but the videos are saved to the folder on my NAS where the snapshots are saved.
THANK YOU!

I tried the exact same and nothing happened. I can try to setup to save to my NAS if I can't get this working soon. I have synology nases.. Once you set the nas address / path does it give you the option to add credentials?
Marty528

Post by Marty528 »

longedge wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:52 am I'm not quite sure what is going wrong for you. When viewing the list of files, if you hover over the download button you should see that the start/end time fields are automatically populated for that file. The file size is also shown. Click the button and you should then see a download progress in % as the file is saved to the folder that is specified in the camera settings.

If that isn't what you are seeing, then I'm not sure what else to suggest.
Thank you. This afternoon I'll try to switch to NAS and see if that help. When I select on a clip from file list it does not populate the start / stop time either. When I select them manually and press the disk button I see progress go slowly 3/12/15/25 etc so it seems likes it working but results in 164 bit file on both mac and PC.

Appreciate the suggestions, have a great day.

marty
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

OK sorry I couldn't be of more help. If nobody else comes in with a definitive answer, I'm sure a call to Amcrest Support https://amcrest.com/contacts would resolve it for you.

Edit - Re setup for NAS, mine is a WD so not sure how it works for you. I played around first with FTP and setting that up included the login credentials required. I found that with FTP I was losing part of my recordings so I switched to using the NAS's option to connect over/using NFS and that works perfectly without any additional login.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

Put in a call to tech support. They're actually quite helpful and can take over your computer and check out the issue while you watch if you let them. I have a problem conversing with them, my southern drawl and their whatever dialect seem to clash. Other than that, they seem to be very knowledgeable and professional and have resolved any problems I've had.
Marty528

Post by Marty528 »

According to support this is a KNOWN issue and will be fixed with firmware update in the next several days. Last firmware update was over a year ago....
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Try Amcrest Surveillance Pro for MAC.
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... -Downloads
Add your device, go to Playback, select device, search. On left side, click Events, select event(s) to export, then click Export Settings at right bottom.

Another option would be to go here and install the previous version firmware for your camera. That previous firmware is available there for some reason. Or you could wait and see if Amcrest fixes the current firmware in a few days.
https://amcrest.com/firmwaredownloads
Marty528

Post by Marty528 »

jack7 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:17 am Try Amcrest Surveillance Pro for MAC.
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... -Downloads
Add your device, go to Playback, select device, search. On left side, click Events, select event(s) to export, then click Export Settings at right bottom.

Another option would be to go here and install the previous version firmware for your camera. That previous firmware is available there for some reason. Or you could wait and see if Amcrest fixes the current firmware in a few days.
https://amcrest.com/firmwaredownloads
Thank you.

Your right I tried booting up a pc and using pro (I'll have to try mac version later) and I could download.

best,
marty
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

I had reported this issue with my 4K camera months ago. I could not download the videos recorded on the SD card. If I press the arrow it will just say 0% and stay there for ever. Nothing gets downloaded.
I also tried the new firmware and after that I could not even play the files anymore. Could not revert to old firmware as the message was that the version is too old to go back!!

I sent the camera back and bought a new one. But I still cant download. You can see my posts in that firmware thread.

The download arrow works for me in the web interface (IE or Chrome) for other models but does not work for the 4K camera (IP8M-2496EB). It is not clear how the OP got it to download.

OP: Could you please post a picture showing which button you used for downloading?

Yes I tried Surveillance Pro but I like the IE web interface better. If I have to download any file then I will use Surveillance Pro
fsunaval

Post by fsunaval »

Same here.
I also have the Amcrest 4K camera with the latest firmware (V2.622 Build Date: 2019-10-24).

Single file sometimes downloads as Type: mp4.
However the file itself does not play in Windows Media Player, VLC or Amcrest's own Smart Play.
Batch file download simply hangs forever.
See attachments.
batch.jpg - Showing batch download just hanging. This snippet taken after 15 minutes.
singleFileHangs - Single file download stuck at 0%. This snippet taken 5 minutes after starting download.

Will be happy to work with customer support to fix this.
Attachments
singleFileHangs.JPG
singleFileHangs.JPG (47.63 KiB) Viewed 3217 times
batch.JPG
batch.JPG (94.98 KiB) Viewed 3217 times
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Are you using H.265 video encoding? If so, change it to H.264 and see if your mp4 export works for H.264 files.
I could provide more assistance, but please take a screenshot of the Web UI Setup/Camera/Video screen and post it here.