How are people sealing the camera mounts?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
xantari

How are people sealing the camera mounts?

Post by xantari »

Hi,

How are folks sealing the camera cable entry locations on the mounts.

See hole in attached picture where the ethernet is going...

Thanks!
amcrest question.jpg
amcrest question.jpg (65.44 KiB) Viewed 1898 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: How are people sealing the camera mounts?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Not sure where you bought your Back box from. My guess is that you will have to buy the parts that are missing and maybe I understand better why the ones I buy are little on the Costly side.. All the of the boxes I buy have come with these that are on this picture even my PTZ Back boxes come with them for Large and Small.

It might be that the Knock outs in yours is designed for going from 1 box to the next with Conduit between..
backbox.png
backbox.png (37.26 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

while these are black I am sure there are others that have them in white this was just in a fast search of what I found maybe that will help

Edit: Also thought I should add there are a lot of different sizes so you would also want to make sure you find the right size unit for your backbox. Ones I know of are like PG7 PG9 and PG11 and I think I might have a PTZ camera with a PG16 not sure it is larger then the others.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323850539071?_ ... %3A2334524
Be Safe.
xantari

Post by xantari »

Interesting, that definitely looks like what I'm missing.

I bought these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CB468HC?ps ... ct_details

It was mentioned on my camera's page that they are the correct ones to buy:

https://amcrest.com/ultrahd-4k-8mp-ai-b ... ew-ai.html

It says this:

Compatible with the following Amcrest Junction Boxes, ASIN: B07CB468HC, B07FK662Z5.

It seems they didn't send me all the parts, or it is the wrong junction box.

I'll reach out to support as I definitely need those waterproof connectors, but white.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

From the ad of the product page it looks like that is not a feature of that product sold. As I said the ones I buy have them I also always Target Back boxes that have them so I don't have to source them myself seeing there are so many different sizes and options. The cost of buying them 1 at a time just don't do it for me and having to buy 50, 10 in each sizes just don't work either. So sure I pay little extra for my Back boxes and I will admit they don't always find a good line up for the camera I want to use them with.. Water dust and bug proof is important part for my installs. I do have a few that I needed more then 1 so I have doubled up and the back boxes I have taken them from I just use the Entry point on the back with the gasket given so I always find a use for the ones with out the cable glands.. I have seen others use these type boxes in Remote locations using Conduit and might be what the Intended use of your back box.
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@xantari
Another method would be to screw back in the round plug that you removed from your box.  Then route your POE cable through the camera mount side slot and back into your box.  Put a little silicon sealant around slot/cable entry point. 
Cable going through slot in camera mount side is shown below. 
Screenshot_20210703-231150_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210703-231150_Chrome.jpg (236.55 KiB) Viewed 1871 times