High Latency on IP2M-841

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
anosen

High Latency on IP2M-841

Post by anosen »

I noticed after upgrading to the most recent firmware I am experiencing extremely high latency while running on wifi. The camera worked great after a factory reset and upgrading firmware to the most recent version. We use it as a baby monitor and the first night it worked flawlessly. However now any device trying to connect to the camera takes forever and often disconnects due to the latency.

While running a ping to the camera's IP address I notice that about 5 seconds after a reboot the ping latency is normal. After the 5 seconds though, I get ping times upwards for 1000 ms jumping up to 3000+ ms and often times just timing out. Anyone noticed this issue? Any ideas on how to fix it?
gsdroubi

Re: High Latency on IP2M-841

Post by gsdroubi »

Hi,
i am facing the same problem any help?????
anosen

Re: High Latency on IP2M-841

Post by anosen »

I believe the issue we were experiencing was due to the app tinyCam. I changed the setting Low Bandwidth Profile to on and that seems to have fixed the problem. We still have video drop outs from time to time, but I believe that is an issue with wireless connectivity and low signal strength.