Hello, new here

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
maustinf

Hello, new here

Post by maustinf »

I apologize now, for this question is not for IP cameras but since there is no other camera section to ask, here we are. I have an Amcrest 650 TVL DVR (Brand New old stock)that came with four bullet cameras. Due to limited space, I needed a dome camera which I ordered separately. The dome camera will not power on and shows video loss on the screen. I notice that the infrared lights will come on for about 10 seconds then go off and repeat in about 5 minutes. I have tried other cables for other cameras in the system that work perfectly, didn't help. I tried different BNC connections on the DVR and didn't work. It is a brand new (old stock) Amcrest AMC721DM28-B dome camera. I know it's older, but the system works great for me.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Hello, new here

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

This is a Guess seeing you didn't say what type of 650tvl system your using.. Are you talking about a 960h-4+4 or even a 960h-4 by chance?

Either way the issue is that the camera your listing is a 720p camera and would need to be used on a CVI DVR that Amcrest offers.. Also would work on a newer 4k dVR as well as most others between the 720, 1080, and so on.. With the older Analog camera Recorder you would need to find a camera that is working in TVL Analog like Amcrest 960h cameras line... Or if your DVR is one of the older but newer ones from like 2015 or 2016 that has the ability to work with IP on say like my 960h-4+4 system that will unlock 4 IP channels to work with 1080p cameras..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Don't know my 960h cameras outside of Amcrest are working from 650tvl however Amcrest 960h cameras are said to be 800tvl so maybe even that is still to much for your 650tvl recorder...

But found something that would be my guess a better fit for a Analog recorder the 720p camera you listed is CVI format and don't work on CVBS recorders

www.ebay.com/itm/334018530093?epid=1339 ... SwQIRgsTmN
Be Safe.
maustinf

Post by maustinf »

Thank You so much for the replies. I will look into the camera's you mentioned. It may sound silly, but I purposely chose a system that is not internet dependent due to all of the hacking, ransom ware and other nonsense going on with the internet. I won't even use web based software like Microsoft Office. Thank You again for your help.