google smtp works but yahoo does not

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
pwhiteme

google smtp works but yahoo does not

Post by pwhiteme »

Hi,
I wonder if anyone has had this problem. I set smtp for gmail and I get emails with snapshots. If I switch to yahoo smtp, either tls or the other, neither one seems to work. Should I wait longer for the yahoo smtp account to become active? For yahoo is tls better or is the other setting the one to use? When I switch back to google everything works right away.
Pwhiteme
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: google smtp works but yahoo does not

Post by Melvin »

Hello pwhiteme,

In the yahoo mail settings, there should be an option to allow less secure apps which you need to turn on to allow the camera to send emails.

Also the port should be 465/TLS.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

pwhiteme

Post by pwhiteme »

Thank you very much for your feedback, it works....

Patrick
dangelosen

Post by dangelosen »

Yahoo Email is a good mail client but it is not properly working for a few years. if you want to switch yahoo mail then you can go Gmail Email client. It is good and fast work. you can recover old data in Gmail mail client with a third-party tool.
Visit here more info: Softaken yahoo to gmail converter tool
nickrobin7278

Post by nickrobin7278 »

I have recently bought a MacBook Pro and the same problem is also found in my new MacBook. I have updated the system and expected to be solved, but after it, my macbook pro won't turn on. It turns into a black screen.