Getting "playback is experiencing issues" even on LOCAL lan

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
exFos

Getting "playback is experiencing issues" even on LOCAL lan

Post by exFos »

I have both a IP4M-1051B and I recently got a 1041B.

Even remotely, I can use my MS edge browser to view the recordings on the remote 1051's SD card with no problem. As soon as I double click on a file, within 2-3 seconds it starts to play the video file and will play to the end of the file (using my browser to view it)

However, with the new 1041 I just got, even when connected to my local lan (not going through internet) and connecting directly to the camera's direct IP address and using a brand new class 10 samsung 64GB memory card (which I formatter in the camera), when I double-click a file on it's SD card, I get the spinning circle for a full 5 seconds, then the video will play for only 2-3 seconds then it gives the error "Online playback is experiencing issues, please download to view clips...". If I "download" the file, the video's play fine in my VLC app, so I know the file is not corrupted on the sd card. But I don't want to waste a bunch of time downloading files just to see whats in the video.

So, what could be the problem with why the video's on the 1041's SD card are only playing the first 2-3 seconds then give an error when using my edge browser?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Getting "playback is experiencing issues" even on LOCAL lan

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad you found a MSD card that works. However as I said before when you were having some issues with the camera before. There has been known issues with 1041 and Wifi.

Not sure if it is a Distance issue, or just bad hardware when they were made. I know not everyone has loads of cables running around like I do. However if you have a long enough cable I would test it over a Lan Connection and not a Wifi on your lan.. Best way to do this is log into the camera while your connected, go to setup, go to network, go to TCP/IP and first box will be for Wired. Change that to Static by turning off DHCP and put a IP address close to the one you have now or something easy for you to remember. Then after that connect the cable to the camera. Then log back into the camera on the IP you just setup for your network. Now really to test right you will want to turn off the wifi on the camera, Setup, Network, Wifi, then uncheck the enable. Once it is done I would check that it will playback.. Maybe even do a manual reboot of the camera to make sure it knows the Wifi is offline..

My guess and only a guess is that it will work just fine on a Ethernet Cable..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
exFos

Post by exFos »

Thank you for the quick reply - I will try a direct connection to see if it works better.
exFos

Post by exFos »

OK, I used a wired connection (and disabled wifi) and this is what I found:

Below are what I was able to do/not do using different browsers.

The end result is that I could not find a browser or settings that would allow me to play a recorded video with sound!

Edge:
Viewing Live Video
- Can play all audio formats fine
- Can play Video fine

Playback Recording
- Will only see a still shot of the video, then 1-2 seconds later the "playback is experiencing issues..." error is displayed
- For this 1-2 seconds I can hear sound only if set to AAC audio format
- Can't hear any sound if either 711 audio formats is configured
---------
Firefox:
Viewing Live Video
- Can play video
- Can hear either 711 audio format
- Can't hear AAC audio (displays error "it fails to support current audio config.")

Playback Recording
- Can play video
- No sound using either 711 audio format (and no error displayed)
- Displays error if AAC audio format used

Any ideas how I can get playback of a recording to work with both video and sound?

Also do I need to install the amcrest plugin/extension for the web ui to work or does the web ui use HTML5 and there is no need for it?
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Your problem is likely the 1041 Web UI which may be too slow to Playback the 4MP recordings.  That's typical for many cameras with firmware released in the last few years.
Playback and audio should work fine using Amcrest Surveillance Pro on PC or Amcrest View Pro on phone.