FTP storage not working with ProFTPD server

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
krs256

FTP storage not working with ProFTPD server

Post by krs256 »

I am having a problem with FTP storage on my new IP2M-841 model cameras.

My remote FTP server is running ProFTPD and has a public IP address. I have previously used it successfully for remote storage with a FOSCAM. I've tried reconfiguring the server with TLS, without TLS, and attempted many other configuration changes. I have the latest firmware version. It does not seem to be a permissions issue.

None of my tests have worked, despite being able to connect to the FTP server using FileZilla every time. Sometimes the camera appears to be *partially* successful when clicking the test button, but even in those instances it gives me a badly spelled error message which does not give a clear indication of what the problem is. On a few occasions, even with the errors, the camera manages to create directories and test files on the remote FTP server, but I have been unable to get motion detected snapshots to work even in such cases.

I will have to return these 5 camera devices if I can't get FTP to work. I *must* have off-site snapshot storage. This is pretty basic functionality, so I am surprised by the weak implementation.