FTP Issue after upgrading Firmware - IP2M-841

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
arvindram11

FTP Issue after upgrading Firmware - IP2M-841

Post by arvindram11 »

Starting a new topic since I did not want to hijack the other thread.

I had an issue on 1 of my 3 cameras (all IP2M-841B models) where I could not login to the Web User Interface. Amcrest technician worked with me to download the IP Config software and was able to upgrade to the latest firmware using that. I was able to access the Web UI again and I then proceeded to upgrade my 2nd camera to that same firmware version. But before I upgraded my 3rd camera I thought I should make sure that my FTP file writes were still working, but unfortunately it is not working.

I am now able to access the Web UI on the camera, but the FTP which was working (to a local NAS) has stopped working. I have made no changes on the FTP Server (on the NAS) and I can verify that I can use the same user name and password using FileZilla to access the files there. But the FTP "Test" button inside the Storage -> Destination -> FTP always returns error: "Server Connection Failure" without any other info.

On the 2 cameras I upgraded the firmware, the FTP is not working anymore. The 3rd camera is still on the older 2017 firmware and it continues to write to the FTP folder when motion is detected.

This is from the camera in which FTP still works:

Software Version 2.520.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2017-06-29
WEB Version 3.2.1.453504
ONVIF Version 2.42(V2.2.2.428697)

These are from the cameras in which the FTP has stopped working:

Software Version V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2020-02-17
WEB Version 3.2.1.619604
ONVIF Version 16.12(V2.4.1.513183)

Any suggestions?

TIA.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: FTP Issue after upgrading Firmware - IP2M-841

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Have you done a Factory Reset after the Update because the old FW and New are different types the new is JS and I can tell you that all my cameras and I have more then my share of 841 can all FTP to my server without issue with the new 2020 fw installed... I do have 1 left with the same FW as you listed and it also FTP without issue!!!

Edit: I did reply at the other area you posted then seen this was a double so the other Post was removed seeing you made a new thread with same writing as the last...
Be Safe.
arvindram11

Post by arvindram11 »

Yes, the one that the technician helped upgrade he made me do the factory reset right after the upgrade while he was on the phone and controlling my PC. And I did the same with the camera that I upgraded myself after I hung up with him.
arvindram11

Post by arvindram11 »

I switched over to NFS and that appears to be working for now. But it (NFS) does not work on the 3rd camera that is still on the old firmware. It is either I update all of them to the new firmware - or leave both FTP and NFS options open on my NAS.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly that is something in your NAS that I am not working with as mine are just going to a FTP server... So did you do the Button Push Factory reset or the one over the WebUI?

Either way you seem to have it figured out why and what.. Thought all had to be setup with the Network File System before anyone could setup a NAS for file sharing...
Be Safe.
arvindram11

Post by arvindram11 »

I did the button reset not the web UI (actually didn’t even know if that was even an option).

The NFS way does not work with the old firmware, but for some reason it works with the newer one. For the FTP server I even tried it with FileZilla FTP Server running on my windows 10 PC in addition to the NAS, but was not able to get it to work with the new firmware. I was able to FTP both into my NAS and the FileZilla FTP Server from a laptop running Windows 7 and another desktop running Mint Linux.

Since it started working for NFS, I didn’t want to spend anymore time troubleshooting the FTP issue.