FTP File Directory Structure

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
newfoundlakeweather

FTP File Directory Structure

Post by newfoundlakeweather »

I have an IP5M-D1188EW-28MM on order and while preparing for it I have found many complaints about the way FTP of snapshot images creates a specific directory structure. No problem, I can code around it and make it work, all l need is a detailed description of the the FTP directory strure, the meaning of each of the directories, and the meaning of the 'fields' within the .jpg file name. Is there a document publishes by Amcrest which I can reference so I can be ready when my camera arrives?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: FTP File Directory Structure

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

That is a hard question to answer seeing it seems they are different between models and FW installed.

Like some of mine are Name I made, Camera SN, Data, Snap or Video, file format, hour and so many other folders and then there are some that is just name I made, cameras SN, date and files in there.

It really depends on the system used. Someone did mention they were able to setup something to work for their needs. I am not sure if it was sending a CGI command to make a Folder plain like name and all files go in there or what but would be nice if it was setup that way..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
newfoundlakeweather

Re: FTP File Directory Structure

Post by newfoundlakeweather »

I have a brand new camera coming and you cannot tell me the ftp directory structure it will use?