Firmware IP3M-943

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
greeman

Firmware IP3M-943

Post by greeman »

Are you going to update this software also? As it stands now, I have to use Chrome to access my IP2M-841 cameras and Explorer to access my IP3M-943 cameras. Makes me unhappy???? :roll:
James.S

Re: Firmware IP3M-943

Post by James.S »

We are working to update all of our active, Non Discontinued products. As we now we have a good baseline for our device we should be able to bring out updates to our products more quickly.

Discontinued Products can be found here in the discontinued section. > https://amcrest.com/firmwaredownloads

We greatly appreciate your patience and support, If you run into any issues with the new platform please let us know.
greeman

Post by greeman »

I don't understand? Are telling me the IP3M-943 is discontinued and will not receive new updates? Strange because I just bought a new one yesterday. Please advise. Thanks.
jfgregoire

Post by jfgregoire »

If you follow the URL https://amcrest.com/firmwaredownloads, you'll notice the list of discontinued cameras are at the bottom of the page (in a separate section). The IP3M-943 is not in the discontinued list.
tangmu

Post by tangmu »

James.S wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:52 pm We are working to update all of our active, Non Discontinued products. As we now we have a good baseline for our device we should be able to bring out updates to our products more quickly.

We greatly appreciate your patience and support, If you run into any issues with the new platform please let us know.
6 months later and no firmware update. My IP2M cameras work fine with Netgear Orbi with the latest firmware. My IP3M-943 cameras have all quit working with Orbi.

The last firmware for these cameras is 2.5 years old. Thousands of your customers can't use your cameras with new routers. Do the responsible thing and support this camera. Clearly no one is working on it. Any competent SW person could have accomplished this in much less than 6 months.
wtf911

Post by wtf911 »

tangmu wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:48 pm
James.S wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:52 pm We are working to update all of our active, Non Discontinued products. As we now we have a good baseline for our device we should be able to bring out updates to our products more quickly.

6 months later and no firmware update. My IP2M cameras work fine with Netgear Orbi with the latest firmware. My IP3M-943 cameras have all quit working with Orbi.

The last firmware for these cameras is 2.5 years old. Thousands of your customers can't use your cameras with new routers. Do the responsible thing and support this camera. Clearly no one is working on it. Any competent SW person could have accomplished this in much less than 6 months.
Agreed. Negative reviews everywhere I can. This isn't how to run a company false promises of updates. Where is he to tell us it is in beta? Where is amcrest support to tell us this is still being worked on? Once they have your money they don't care.
tangmu

Post by tangmu »

10 months later - no firmware update, and Amcrest lists the camera as discontinued. What Amcrest posted above turns out to be untrue. These cameras won't work with modern WiFi routers and there won't be an update. The 3 I own are now pretty near worthless.
CHMN

Post by CHMN »

Purchased an IP3M-943 less than a year ago (December 2019). Last firmware was July 2017. Promised firmware upgrade, now discontinued. Seems like they they are selling units while promising upgrade for all supported devices, until stock depleted, then discontinuing the models.

In what way will they not work with "modern WiFi routers"? I was just hoping for support with modern browsers without plug-ins or OS dependency.