Firmware for IP2M-853EW

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ems

Firmware for IP2M-853EW

Post by ems »

The IP2M-853EW doesn't have a listing in the FW page -- where can I can get the latest FW for this camera?

It'll be pretty frustrating if only 2 years after buying a $300 camera it's erased from history as tho it never existed!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Firmware for IP2M-853EW

Post by Revo2Maxx »

When there is a Missing FW 2 things either happened. 1 the camera was released with the last known good FW and there has not been any updates to it. Or there was a FW release and was found to have issues (Security Risk) and because of the Risk it was taken offline so others wouldn't DL and have the issues.

So it might be that someone DL the FW with the Flaw and is willing to share the FW with you however using it would be purely at your own risk. Sounds like 2019 seeing you have said 2 years, This sounds like the camera has the JS update and with that there only would be something 20 or 21 release because once a camera moves from 2018 or older to the 2019 JS it can't go back to older FW without Amcrest. I am using very old FW in my 850. The Last update mine had was because of the Auto Focus always going. Still some things missing I wish was on WebUI however that camera along with my 846 PTZ all are no longer supported with FW updates..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe