Fail to connect

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Brantlyj

Fail to connect

Post by Brantlyj »

I have 4 POE camera’s that have always been hooked up to a NVR. In the past they worked fine for awhile and then the NVR would quit. I am in my 4th in roughly 5 years.
Anyways, I’m tired of it so I found a computer, POE router and was going to use BlueIris.
Problem is I cannot connect to the camera’s. I used Amcrest IP finder to get the IP address. It shows all the info about the camera; model, s/n, mac, IP, etc. problem is when I enter the IP into a browser it does not connect. When I as the IP Finder to connect it says the connection failed.

I did do a hard reset and that does not work either.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Fail to connect

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

So you are clear! You tried to do a Factory Reset with your IP config Tools and wasn't able to or you did a Factory Reset with the Cameras Reset Button?

When you connect a camera to a POE NVR normally it gives it an IP address from the POE Switch of 10.1.1.xx starting with 65 and so on... So if that isn't your current Networks range then you wouldn't have access to the camera without adding an extra IP range to your computer setup..

So seeing that you are able to get the Data with IP tools I can guess that the camera isn't dead, Sometimes there is an ability to access the IP data from the camera even without being on the same range and other times there isn't kind of a hit and miss.. If you are able to access the IP info from your Ip Tools see if you can turn on the camera DHCP. Then reboot the camera (Remove from power and return power) this should put the camera in your current network. Next and VERY important. If you left the camera Default when you connected it to your POE NVR you will want to access the camera using admin admin and make sure to reset the admin password to something not easy to figure out.
Be Safe.
Brantlyj

Post by Brantlyj »

I did a reset using the reset button on the camera.

Someone on Reddit suggested I use Dahua’s IP finder. In that program I can change the IP from static to DHCP. Although it was already set to DHCP. you can do a factory reset as well as password reset. I did all of this. I even changed a camera’s ip to 192.168.1.X just to see if a normal Ip would work.
All nothing.
Brantlyj

Post by Brantlyj »

MI did another factory reset, I now have an IP if 192.168.1.108. It appears the password is now admin.
In the config tool if I click on the camera I get a IP Modification screen. It has all the info regarding its network stuff but it has a warning that says “the devise and the PC are not in the same segment or the port is wrong”

Not sure what to do with that info.
Attachments
IMG_3208.jpeg
IMG_3208.jpeg (7.17 MiB) Viewed 1684 times
Last edited by Brantlyj on Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

What is the model of camera? Maybe a NVR only camera?. Not heard of Amcrest having such camera but could be the case.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok your post was same time as mine. Press Windows key and r at the same time. Then type cmd the command prompt will come up type ipfonfig and please confirm that your computer is in the 192.168.1.xxx range if it is something else that is why the computer and camera are not talking.. Again like I said before normally the camera would load on NVR Switch at 10.1.1.xx So doing what you did there almost seems like you are able to work with the camera and it isn't dead..

Then type arp -a and see if the Mac address shows up in the Router Pool table.. It would start with 9c:8e:cd

Edit: The Firmware starting looks like you are working with a 841EB maybe or something from that era...
Be Safe.