Exporting From Mobile Android App

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ZooMob

Exporting From Mobile Android App

Post by ZooMob »

When i view playback on my android app, i click on the record button to get a snapshot. It saves it in my saved files. But when I click on it from that screen and export to sd card, it saves it as mp4 but can only be opened with VLC.

If i try to open with my gallery or file manager, it gives me the error saying that the media scanner is still scanning, check later.

Also, if I was to export to email or text message from the saved files page, it attaches it as a .dav file. The attachment needs to be fixed so it is a .mp4 file.
ZooMob

Re: Exporting From Mobile Android App

Post by ZooMob »

This seems like a bug issue that needs to be fixed on the app.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello ZooMob,

Thank you for the feedback. Yes the attachments are currently sent in .dav format. Try rebooting the phone to see if the video plays back normally.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

DarrylR

Post by DarrylR »

Hi. Where are the exported files stored? When I export a file from My Saved Files, I'm not sure where it ends up.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

It's in main storage>snapshot>mp4 folder. Use a file manager app to find it.
richteel

Post by richteel »

My videos are stored in a different location. They are at Main Storage\zencam\169553\video. This may be because it is a Samsung phone but I suspect that it is a change in Android or the Amcrest application.
themuddyllama

Post by themuddyllama »

Has this issue been resolved? I have an extremely important set of video (crime) that I need to export and it saving my files to an unknown area of my phone.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

If you have Crime data that you need to DL then I personally wouldn't be doing it from your Phone. You should log into your Amcrest Device using the WebUI access the CRIME and clip and save to your computer, Then move that data to a Thumbdrive with a player to make sure the police will be able to play it. Also want to make sure to know your areas laws about Audio because if your Video has Audio and your local area don't let allow audio without all party consent then the footage can be tossed. So if it does then you will want to record it and remove the audio from new recording. Also some will only use MP4 Format or AVI so you might need to convert into a format they want and doing that if audio is in track yet is needed to be omitted then that is the time to do it..

Good Luck
Be Safe
Be Safe.