Export Settings Needs Plugin, Plugin No Longer Works as Unsupported by Chrome...

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
wcndave

Export Settings Needs Plugin, Plugin No Longer Works as Unsupported by Chrome...

Post by wcndave »

So how can I export and import settings when doing firmware updates?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Export Settings Needs Plugin, Plugin No Longer Works as Unsupported by Chrome...

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would if it don't work in Chrome, use Edge and setup that camera ip for IE mode. That is said to be supported by MS until 2029.

Outside of that, Maybe make a Ticket with amcrest for your device and let them know of the issue, as it might have been something missed in the FW writing.
Be Safe.
wcndave

Re: Export Settings Needs Plugin, Plugin No Longer Works as Unsupported by Chrome...

Post by wcndave »

When I use IE, it states that I need to use chrome...
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok sorry, What camera are you using? Don't know of any of mine that require Chrome or Edge that won't Export. However I don't normally Export anymore because I don't like to bring back same settings when things were not working well. I do a Reset and start over to be safe.. Also choose to do this because some of the ones I tired to export and import after an update the import would fail so I gave up with the idea.

I don't have all of the cameras they offer, I am not that rich lol. However I do have a few and I can't remember what ones I have that say only works with Chrome now..

Maybe try doing a reboot and then log in and try to export as an idea..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

One last thing to try

http://192.168.1.108/cgi-bin/Config.backup?action=All

to back up

So I just did this CGI on my new Amcrest IP8M-TD2685EW-AI camera and it exported the config to the download folder

Then you could try to import it all back using the WebUI of the camera. I don't know might be something you will need to make a ticket for..
Be Safe.
ed0213

Post by ed0213 »

Go to Edge, type in your camera IP, then click on the 3 dots in the upper right and select RELOAD In Internet Explorer Mode. Once you do that, the browser will prompt you to download the plugin, then you should be able to import and export camera configs. I did this for the 956 dome camera, the 943 bullet, also for the B1186 POE camera. There might be multiple plugins needed for different models, but this does work.