Emails stopped working...

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
budchevy358

Emails stopped working...

Post by budchevy358 »

My emails were working fine for alerts on one of my cameras and how it just stopped. Camera is POE IP2M-841.

I was set up through Google/Gmails and have not messed with any settings to cause it to stop.

I looked at other posts about changing the authentication and port, did not work.

I tried to use Yahoo mail, it will not work. This is very frustrating to have something this unreliable and no notice of it failing.
taymag

Re: Emails stopped working...

Post by taymag »

Mine went down over a month ago and have not come up with a solution yet either, it tells me "Email test failed" no matter what email or settings I use (they worked fine for over a year)
pastorjohnson

Post by pastorjohnson »

Has anyone found out what the issue is for why e-mail alerts have stopped? I am using Google and I also have tried Yahoo and I still do not receive e-mail alerts from my cameras motion alerts. The issue started Friday late/Early Saturday time frame. Is it a Amcrest issue or SMTP issue?
pastorjohnson

Post by pastorjohnson »

Amcrest > What is the team doing to resolve this issue either internally or with Google and other service providers? This issue is not something we can blow off and let it just go without resolution. I believe from all the posts I've read, no one made any changes and all was working fine. Is there a patch, SW upgrade that can fix this issue? Or are the cameras useless and we the customers, need to find newer cameras that work?
domoarigato

Post by domoarigato »

pastorjohnson wrote:Amcrest > What is the team doing to resolve this issue either internally or with Google and other service providers? This issue is not something we can blow off and let it just go without resolution. I believe from all the posts I've read, no one made any changes and all was working fine. Is there a patch, SW upgrade that can fix this issue? Or are the cameras useless and we the customers, need to find newer cameras that work?
they are clearly doing nothing.
PCFX

Post by PCFX »

Same issue here.Worked up until this morning. My other cameras (from dlink) work fine. Both my Amcrest cameras just stopped being able to send email. Can't imagine what would cause it unless they're routing the connection through something rather than sending directly to Google, etc.
rayleaf

Post by rayleaf »

Same here...all my eight IP2M-841 cameras do not send any email motion alerts .

Had issues earlier in the year and was resolved by changing from SSL/465 to TLS/587 with my Gmail account and now again does not work with either SSL/465 or TLS/587 ...WILL NOT WORK WITH EITHER.

All my non Amcrest cameras have been working great all year and no not have these issues and yet these cameras are using the same LAN and same gmail account and are on the same router,same area,etc. Non Amcrest cameras work on SSL or TLS and with correct port for gmail.

Believe that these Amcrest camera issues are not all Google/Amazon server issues but are due to Amcrest software/changes. Non Amcrest cameras continue to work great without these software issues.
PCFX

Post by PCFX »

Tested it with two other email providers, same issue. my guess is that Amcrest is doing something weird on their side when the camera sends an email that either the email servers don't like or requires some type of connection on Amcrest's side that is offline or not functioning.
bigtree

Post by bigtree »

Same here. Tried the usual things with the smtp ports.
All IP2M-841 camers quit sending motion alerts. I have older logitech cameras sending motion alerts just fine.
Hopefully a fix will be here soon.
Simple-Reliable-Secure ???????
preppym1

Post by preppym1 »

Same problem here. I have 3 different models of the IP2m-841 type cameras and all of them stopped working. My less expensive cameras are all working fine. This is an amcrest issue. I don't like how they must obviously be routing smtp through something other than directly to SMTP servers.
AMCREST, Please chime in any time