Emails stopped working...

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Emails stopped working...

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly newer system with HD require a FW Update.. If no update for your system then some people say they can use Yahoo but you said you couldn't use it already so I don't know... I have a Email Server that I bought and a domain so I could use email seeing my systems are older and besides a few IP cameras all my other systems will no longer get any updates so I have my own SMTP server hosted on Godaddy so I can have my alerts from my systems. This isn't only my Amcrest units it is all my systems even from another company no FW and gmail no work for them either again I use my own now so no issue...
Be Safe.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

i'm able to send email notifications from the nvr with a comcast.net email account.
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

You need to find one that ignores Amcrest's broken TLS implementation. outlook.com currently still seems to do this. Otherwise you could set up a mail relay on some system you control that ignores the broken TLS handshake for incoming mail and then forwards it to the external system of your choice using a valid TLS handshake.
Toy4Rick

Post by Toy4Rick »

Any word yet on the IP3m-943 update?

Or is it time to move on to another solution
Cytomax

Post by Cytomax »

I hope this helps you guys but i think i found the fix at least its working for me using my normal gmail account

Google lets you use less secure apps by providing a special password to your google account

https://myaccount.google.com/
> security
> Signing in to Google
> app passwords
> enter your normal password to confirm its you
> Select App
> Other (Custom Name)
> Type in whatever you want the name be "IP Camera"
> and it will generate a password for you...
SAVE THE PASSWORD somewhere safe this will give access to your google account

Now Log into your Amcrest Camera
Network > SMTP > Select Google >
username: [email protected]
Password : your special password you just generated
Sender : [email protected]
Recipient: [email protected]
CLICK SAVE FIRST
Click Test

I hope this helps
bufbooth

Post by bufbooth »

Any updates on getting the emails working? My Belkin cameras are being retired (5/30/2020) and I just purchased two Amcrest cameras to replace them. I cannot get email to work on either one of them. I have upgraded the firmware on them, and have tried a yahoo, gmail, and outlook email setup and all fail on the Email Test. Thank you...
akonahutt

Post by akonahutt »

BUMP? - It would be great to get some support on this
duc916

Post by duc916 »

This might sound weird but, any chance you are setting a static IP address from within the camera settings, which would require disabling DHCP?

I had weird issues with disabling DHCP that caused email to stop functioning. Happened across multiple camera brands, so now I use DHCP reservation on the router side, and enable DHCP on the camera side. No problems ever since.
aconcernedwalrus

Post by aconcernedwalrus »

So Gmail notifications are broken (again). Not sure who the blame falls on, but it appears Amcrest isn't going to fix it in a timely manner.

If you have a spare computer and don't want to deal with Amcrest's broken Gmail implementation, here is my solution for you:

1. Download and install hMailServer from https://www.hmailserver.com
2. Set up a new domain under the local IP address of your computer.
3. Create a user under that domain:
4. Go to Settings -> Protocols -> SMTP, select the "Delivery of e-mail" tab.
5. Add your Gmail account here:
6. Go to your camera settings. Network -> SMTP (Email)
7. Select "Other", and populate the details as such:

- Set authentication to NONE and port to 25.
- Make sure you don't forget to append the local IP address of the PC hosting hMailServer to the username.
- Sender should be your Gmail account.

Enjoy working email that doesn't randomly break down.
davptz

Post by davptz »

I just got my camera set up this week. Was pleased I got email alerts working. That lasted one day. Now, no more alerts. Thought it was me... obviously not.