Emails stopped working...

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
chogardjr

Re: Emails stopped working...

Post by chogardjr »

I found out the reason I stopped getting motion emails was because my outlook email account storage was full. I was using outlook to send emails to a gmail account I created only for motion emails. I didn't realize outlook, aka Hotmail, has a storage limit and if you don't empty the 'Sent' folder your storage fills up fast, specially when you have all your cams sending 5 shots each. I deleted the 6000+ emails with 5 images each and I'm now getting motion emails again.

I was good about deleting the emails from gmail as they came but didn't even think about outlook saving them in the sent folder. I have now set an outlook rule to automatically delete emails with the subject 'motion' so we'll see in a couple weeks if that was the issue.

As always YMMV

Before deleting all these I was at the 15GB limit. After deleting them I'm now at 3.8GB.
tvlarry

Post by tvlarry »

I was told today by a tech at Amcrest that Yahoo Email Servers do work for email notification. I have not confirmed yet but will try soon.
Ebal

Post by Ebal »

My latest exchange with Amcrest support for an IP4M was that "they are working on it."
FWIW, FOSCAM supplied me with a patch for their camera that restored email operation with Gmail.

I tried Yahoo and Outlook with the IP4M and did not get them to work either.
Oddly, all of my old X10 cameras still send emails just fine via Gmail.
bigpcman

Post by bigpcman »

Interesting. I gave up on trying to get gmail to work with my 841 with the latest firmware. I did get yahoo mail to work and use it to forward 841 messages to gmail. I had to enable the "less secure mail source" option to get ymail to accept the 841 messages.
ovybox

Post by ovybox »

Any news on fixing the firmware for ip3m-943? It's ridiculous, it's been 3 months now! Guess we should all inform Amazon customers of what to expect from Amcrest.
erries

Post by erries »

I am also looking for a fix for ip3m-943.
clavius

Post by clavius »

I also need a firmware fix for ip3m-943. Going to downgrade my Amazon review for this camera.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Really something that was working well before an update is giong to make you change your mind on a Review you did before the Update. Maybe update your review to help others maybe find normal FW cams before update was done when things worked better. Also just because something today might not work to 100% of everyones happiness don;'t mean it won't do the job as others may expect it too. Just saying.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
masymas

Post by masymas »

I have several Amcrest “security” cameras that stopped sending emails on motion (without notice)

I was able to get a couple back working using gmail by going into my account.google.com/security and setting “allow less secure apps” to “ON”.

I suspect maybe amcrest got on a black list and is being rejected by comcast and others.

I still have a few cameras not working despite the change. Going to look at firmware and try the PC configuration app. The mobile configuration app is really buggy.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

The issue was a change that gmail made and with that made some of the Types of Camera or Systems stop working so I bought my own server and have my own SMTP setup so I get it on allo my systems now without fail in fact better then I wish lol
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe