Emails stopped working...

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
grabczb

Re: Emails stopped working...

Post by grabczb »

Interesting that a firmware “fix” are for cameras NOT in the majority represented in these expanding threads. I think it is time to abandon this brand and move on with another solution. Amcrest should rebrand these as video monitors rather than security cameras. I essentially have dumb cameras that are not performing as advertised with email alerts. Very frustrated and disappointed with these cameras and the Amcrest technical support team.

7/5 Update: Amcrest updated their IOS App to version 4.0 today. I can no longer connect to any of my cameras. Worked fine yesterday. Cameras do not send emails and now I do not have camera connectivity because of the app update. Wow....
Last edited by grabczb on Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
megamawax

Post by megamawax »

Someone mentioned zoho email working. I also got that to work, but after 150 emails sent, I received a notice informing me that I exceeded their daily rate and had to jump through a hoop to unblock. Does anyone have another email service that doesn't have this sort of limitation and does actually work with these cameras right now?
bigtree

Post by bigtree »

Anyone else here to get support for the IP2M-841 ptz ethernet/wifi security camera? I have been following along with all the smart people here trying to find a fix and giving good information. I've been trying different email/client servers but have the same results as everyone else has with the same message limitations. Drives me nutz to have these working on gmail for a good long while and then well here we are at this point. Can't wait for something to happen with gmail or amcrest firmware guess we will wait and see. We went to the moon. Thought something like this could be fixed by now. Would love to know if there isn't going to be any resolve so then I could just move on and face the fact that my cameras need replacing...thanks to everyone posting good information on here!
shaywood

Post by shaywood »

megamawax wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:44 am Someone mentioned zoho email working. I also got that to work, but after 150 emails sent, I received a notice informing me that I exceeded their daily rate and had to jump through a hoop to unblock. Does anyone have another email service that doesn't have this sort of limitation and does actually work with these cameras right now?
I had to disable the option to "save copy of email in sent folder" in the SMTP setting in Zoho. The problem I had was too many emails being sent. This seems to fix the issue.
mromamcrest

Post by mromamcrest »

grabczb wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:33 am Interesting that a firmware “fix” are for cameras NOT in the majority represented in these expanding threads. I think it is time to abandon this brand and move on with another solution. Amcrest should rebrand these as video monitors rather than security cameras. I essentially have dumb cameras that are not performing as advertised with email alerts. Very frustrated and disappointed with these cameras and the Amcrest technical support team.

7/5 Update: Amcrest updated their IOS App to version 4.0 today. I can no longer connect to any of my cameras. Worked fine yesterday. Cameras do not send emails and now I do not have camera connectivity because of the app update. Wow....
grabczb,

All active models will be receiving this fix. For the most common models, it will be included in a beta JS firmware. However, we have not received that beta for testing. When we do a post will be made as we did for the 4K models.

As for the IOS issue, it maybe best to make a new topic. If others are experiencing this issue, we want to know and have it investigated as quickly as possible. We have informed the R&D team to investigate the issue.
mikey101

Post by mikey101 »

Work around. My IPM-721 & IP2M-841 email notifications stopped working for "gmail" after setting up properly. The test emails would then fail. So, I tried "outlook.com" email, it would send but the "test email" did not show in my "inbox" only showed in my "sent" folder. I then changed the "recipient" to my "gmail" and when I sent a test email it worked going to my "gmail inbox". Works fine now, even though not properly. Hope they get it fixed. :oops:
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

I'm using outlook.com as well, and forwarding back to Gmail, which runs into this outlook.com bug that's been unfixed for at least three years. The fix is to give MS your phone number, then forwarding works. Crazy but true.

With that hack in place it's currently working, but only because Outlook has a broken TLS implementation that ignores SCSV signalling. Either that or they're used to buggy TLS clients and ignoring it on purpose, but either way it's going to stop working at some point as soon as MS enforce SCSV signalling properly.

Mind you if they do it on the same schedule as fixing the forwarding bug, we've still got years and years to go.
TahirB

Post by TahirB »

For those looking for a 841 fix please check the beta subforum as we posted a test firmware for IP2M-841 last week that fixes the email issue. Please note this firmware is not compatible with 841E, 721, or HX1.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Do you have a list of "Activce models" ?

Is the IPM-723B camera an active model?

Waiting patiently on the sidelines here.

Thank you Kalvin

mromamcrest wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:39 pm
grabczb wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:33 am Interesting that a firmware “fix” are for cameras NOT in the majority represented in these expanding threads. I think it is time to abandon this brand and move on with another solution. Amcrest should rebrand these as video monitors rather than security cameras. I essentially have dumb cameras that are not performing as advertised with email alerts. Very frustrated and disappointed with these cameras and the Amcrest technical support team.

grabczb,

All active models will be receiving this fix. For the most common models, it will be included in a beta JS firmware. However, we have not received that beta for testing. When we do a post will be made as we did for the 4K models.

As for the IOS issue, it maybe best to make a new topic. If others are experiencing this issue, we want to know and have it investigated as quickly as possible. We have informed the R&D team to investigate the issue.
James.S

Post by James.S »

Kalvin wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:38 pm Do you have a list of "Activce models" ?

Is the IPM-723B camera an active model?

Waiting patiently on the sidelines here.

Thank you Kalvin

mromamcrest wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:39 pm

grabczb,

You can search Here>https://amcrest.com/firmwaredownloads For discontinued models. However, this does not show a clear picture as I'm sure what was meant by active is what is currently selling and customers continue to want. Unfortunately, I can't give you a clear answer as to if your model is active or not this will overall greatly depend on the R&D and Marketing team to hash out the details of what products to include in the Active Java Script category.