Emails stopped working...

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
plusfour

Re: Emails stopped working...

Post by plusfour »

GRSmith wrote:What triggers that in both cases is the Client Hello packet from the camera. The attachment shows a side-by-side comparison of that Client Hello packet for TLS(587) and SSL(465). As you can see, they are identical.
Could you post an expanded version of the client random, and all the suites?

Also, why is the camera using the heartbeat extension? Does it have heartbleed?
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

GRSmith wrote:I was curious to compare the failing Client Hello from the camera with a working Client Hello from my local email relay server to GMail. See attachment.
Ah, just what I'd been asking for, thanks! You've highlighted the problem, the client is incorrectly sending an SCSV indicator when there hasn't been a fallback. The fix is unrelated to TLS 1.3, Amcrest needs to remove the erroneous SCSV suite, see this for details.

Also, disable Heartbeat, I don't know why that's been enabled. And provide full error information, not just "failed", in the UI.
mromamcrest

Post by mromamcrest »

A fix has been found by our R&D team. Below is the URL to the forum post to test the beta firmware for the following models. Other models will follow and will update this post as they become available to the team.

If you are interested in testing this firmware, please follow the link below.

for IP8M-2493E, IP8M-2496E, and IP8M-T2499E only:

https://amcrest.com/forum/ip-cameras-f1 ... 12593.html

Thank you for everyone's feedback while our R&D team worked diligently on this.

Please provide any feedback on this firmware on the topic at the provided link above.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Hi,

Any time line on a firmware for the IPM-723B cameras?

Thank you
mromamcrest

Post by mromamcrest »

Kalvin wrote:Hi,

Any time line on a firmware for the IPM-723B cameras?

Thank you

Unfortunately, we currently do not have any firm timeline on the other models.

Other models will follow and we will update this post as they become available to the team.

Thank you for your patience and interest in our beta test.
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

Also, what about NVRs? I'm sending emails from an NVR, which is affected by the same problem.
mromamcrest

Post by mromamcrest »

plusfour wrote:Also, what about NVRs? I'm sending emails from an NVR, which is affected by the same problem.

Same would apply, as we are provided with beta test firmware, we will update this thread and also include in the DVR/NVR forums as well.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

mromamcrest, Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will keep an eye here for updates.

For the others interested, I used the Zoho.com email mentioned earlier in this thread and it is presently working for me. Might be a temp solution until the new firmware is released.
aminco

Post by aminco »

Any updates on new firmware for other cameras, like the C841's?
megamawax

Post by megamawax »

I had Yahoo working for a short bit, but now that no longer works. I can't imagine ever buying another Amcrest camera. I have a Reolink, and emails work just fine with it. What good is a "security" camera if I can't get receive alerts?