Emails failed -> workaround postfix ?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
patbouk

Emails failed -> workaround postfix ?

Post by patbouk »

Anybody any idea how to make the camera motion notifications/sending emails work via using use of postfix as mailserver to transmit to gmail? workaround for gmail emails test failed issue...
vicw

Re: Emails failed -> workaround postfix ?

Post by vicw »

If you use 2-level authentication on your Google Gmail account, have you tried creating a Device Specific Password in Gmail for the connection? That allows a device that lacks the ability to provide support for 2FA to work. I spent most of a day trying to get my Google Gmail account to work with my cams, until I remembered that approach to the problem. It's pretty easy to do.
patbouk

Post by patbouk »

I tried but still no emails not even the test email. Therefore still trying to email via local postfix server. the echo/mail - s command works fine but i can't get the test email working from the Amcrest camera when I point the device to the postfix server.

Are you stating that you still have emails via smtp.gmail.com working for your amcrest camera? i
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

It's not going to work with Gmail since the problem is Amcrest's TLS implementation, see this post for the technical details. So any server that correctly implements TLS, and specifically SCSV signalling, won't work with an Amcrest client because it sends an correct SCSV value (alongside a Heartbleed-enabler). The workaround would be to set up something like a Pi as a local email proxy, so the Amcrest devices talk to the Pi, configured to ignore SCSV, and that then forwards to Gmail or whatever.