Email test failure on new model IMP 721S camera

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
eyefull

Email test failure on new model IMP 721S camera

Post by eyefull »

I have a brand new Amcrest IMP 721S camera which gives me a "Email Test Failure" every time.

System info: Windows 10
Router: ActionTec Q1000
Mode set to DHCP

Have an Amcrest 960H camera system install on same router and email test and alert emails work. This system uses a wired connection to the router.

Can access the IMP 721S camera either wired or wireless, login via it's IP address, use the PTZ, etc. Just can't get the email test to work.

Email settings on both the 960H and the 720P are:

SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465
(Login Anonomously is not checked)
Username: [email protected]
Password: triple checked for correct pwd
Authentication: SSL
Subject: filled in
Recipients: filled in
Interval: 0 (defualt)
Keep Alive: not checked

At the gmail end: "2 step verification" is off and "allow less secure apps" is on. This yields an error message.

I next tried using a hotmail email account using settings posted at this forum.

SMTP Server: smtp.live.com
Port: 587
Login anonymously: NOT checked
User name: [email protected]
Password: (triple checked for correct pwd)
Sender: [email protected]
Authentication: TLS
Recipient: [email protected]

Hotmail did not work either.

Under EVENT>Motion Detect, the Enable checkbox is checked as is the "Send Email" box. Did same for Video Tamper and Alarm sections. Snapshot is also checked on all tabs in which it is present.

Tried the suggestion of connecting to the router via ethernet cable and testing the email, then switching back to wireless. No effect.

I have logged off, shutdown the IP camera multiple times, trying both wired/wireless connection methods. Email test would not work with either method.

I've read thru many, many postings at this forum on this issue and tried everything that seemed relevant or possible without any positive effect. I'm out of options.

Would appreciate any other ideas.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Email test failure on new model IMP 721S camera

Post by Melvin »

Hello eyefull ,

From what you have stated it seems you are doing everything correctly. So it did not work even when the camera was hard wired? Can you try a hard reset on the camera and try again. Please give us a call if you are still having issues so that we can remote in and take a look. It is possible that you may have missed a simple step somewhere.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

YanYan

Post by YanYan »

Only problem is, once you do get it working, all emails will be 15 hours behind because the date the camera embeds into the email is wrong.

Melvin, I know it's been asked time and time again, but is there any ETA on the new firmware? This bug has existed since 2015..
eyefull

Post by eyefull »

Thank you for the reply.

I did a reset to factory settings using the lighted button on the back of the camera. I then connected via the ethernet cable, reloaded the saved configuration file and doubled checked for any missing checkboxes related to "snapshot".

I found one unchecked "snapshot" box under Event>Video Tamper. I checked the box, saved. Exported the config file. Did a "refresh" at the Network>SMTP page (still using the "[email protected]" email address) and tested the email. It didn't work.

I then changed the SMTP settings back to the "[email protected]" account, saved, exported the config file, refreshed, and tested the email.

This time it worked.

Don't know why the "@hotmail.com" account won't work, but the "@gmail" account does. Perhaps there are other settings at the hotmail.com side (as with the gmail.com) that must be changed. However, it works now with gmail and that's good enough.

[Curious.....the @hotmail.com address will receive an alert email when added as a "recipient" along with an @gmail.com address, but not when used as the "sender". The test emails are arriving in the designated Inboxes within 30 seconds, usually less.]

Apparently it was a single unchecked "snapshot" box that was the issue. At least I think so.

Thank you for the quick response and the suggestion to check ALL snapshot boxes.

Now back to work on being able to connect to my 960H system from outside my router....... :-) Otherwise, the 960H is working nicely and I'm quite pleased with it. And am pleased with the 720S IP camera as well.
------
Last item: I've changed the dd/mm/yy setting to mm/dd/yy, saved, refreshed, and run multiple email tests and the date choice does not change. I've logged out of the camera, back in, and run multiple email tests and the date choice has not changed.