Email stopped working as of May 2 2019 (SOLVED)

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
amcr_hf

Email stopped working as of May 2 2019 (SOLVED)

Post by amcr_hf »

I stopped receiving email notifications on both of my Amcrest cameras (IP2M-841B, IPM-721W) some time during May 2 2019.
In the console, I performed an email test using the existing gmail address, and it failed. I also tried a yahoo address; it failed too.
Appreciate any guidance.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed May 08, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amcr_hf

Re: Email stopped working as of May 2 2019

Post by amcr_hf »

note: I also have Foscam cameras.... They're still sending notifications to the same gmail address without issue.
James.S

Post by James.S »

Here is a reply from another user that is discussing the same issue.

" TXResident » Mon May 06, 2019 2:30 pm

I had the same issue, mine began Friday morning-last email with snapshot received was at 2am. Went two days without receiving emails. I use a Gmail account to receive all my snapshots (server is SMTP PORT 465)I sent in a support email and did not hear back till today. I finally called in yesterday and the support tech remoted into my computer and changed the server and port. He changed it to TLS and set the port to 587. After making that change I am now receiving emails with snapshots. The email from support tech stated that Gmail was having issues with their SMTP port and do not have an ETA when that will be back up and running. Hope this helps "

This is a great bit of advice and looking further into it myself I have confirmed the issue on the Gmail side and that the fix for using TLS and Port 587 worked.
amcr_hf

Post by amcr_hf »

Thanks! The fix worked for me too.
mich2604

Re: Email stopped working as of May 2 2019 (SOLVED)

Post by mich2604 »

thanks so much for posting this! i just spent a few hours trying to figure it out and nothing came up on google . i posted above and can't delete my post ...i'm just happy i don't have to to spend another second on this.
thanks again!
terrpahysics

Post by terrpahysics »

Have three Amcrest ip cameras and all three now show "email test failed", settings: smtp.gmail.com , TLS port 587. They were all working correctly until 6/6/2019, when all three stopped sending email alerts.

What is the correct smtp.gmail.com setting now?
kodo28

Post by kodo28 »

I found also gmail stopped sending email. Contacted help desk and this is what they answer to me.

There seems to be an issue stemming from Googles side involving the servers. I recommend customers use an Outlook account to send the notifications/attachments as a temporary fix while we work on a solution for the email notification issues with Gmail accounts.

The setup should look similar to the following:

SMTP: smtp-mail.outlook.com
Authentication: TLS
Port: 587
Username: ********@outlook.com
Password: *************
Sender: ********@outlook.com
Recipient: ********@gmail.com

Got it working on my side until fix is found ;)
wittyguy

Post by wittyguy »

Thanks, that was what was wrong with mine too. I can't stand the EST hours of Amcrest Support. 9 to 5 pm M - F... I have to take up vacation time just to talk to them. I hate that!