EDITED! DAV Player NEEDED! Smart Player INFECTED!

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Camhouse

EDITED! DAV Player NEEDED! Smart Player INFECTED!

Post by Camhouse »

I have my video files but cannot view them. I tried several times to download Smart Player but Webroot says it's infected with Win32.LocalInfect2!

Any suggestions of another player?

EDIT:
THIS WAS A FALSE POSITIVE!
Last edited by Camhouse on Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: DAV Player NEEDED! Smart Player INFECTED!

Post by Melvin »

Hello Camhouse ,

I believe its a false positive from the Webroot program. You can temporarily disable the program to download the smart play software from our website and its definitely a software tested to not cause any security threat.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Camhouse

Post by Camhouse »

I was thinking that was a possibility and yesterday I got Kaspersky so I will put that on another PC and test it. Webroot has been very reliable but these things to happen....better safe than sorry!
The odd thing is that Malwarebytes did not detect it so it could be a false positive...

Will report finding later today!
Camhouse

Post by Camhouse »

OK....my BAD but I will blame it on Webroot as Kespersky didn't find a problem with the file. I disabled the realtime scanner on Webroot, installed Smart Player and enabled realtime and did a scan.....nothing found.

Sorry for the bad info but I was just going by Webroot.

Thanks to all!
albertico

Re: EDITED! DAV Player NEEDED! Smart Player INFECTED!

Post by albertico »

Norton and Microsoft also flag your guys' installers, so maybe something worth looking into.