E-Mail alerts on Motion Detection

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
waldo142

E-Mail alerts on Motion Detection

Post by waldo142 »

I have been using IP Cameras for 10 Years. Decided to move to Amcrest brand solely. I have ended up with 7 Different models. Referring to latest IP4M-1041.3 weeks of no success on email test. Gives back a fail but the test comes thru on my email. But unable to get a snapshot of a motion detection emailed to me.I have gone over everything 100 times. I am at a total loss. I do not use any of the big email companies just from my ISP.I do not use a nvr. My 10 Yr old Foscam works but none of the amcrest seem to. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: E-Mail alerts on Motion Detection

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Welcome to the Forum

Interesting there is loads of talk about this issue..

I am sure you got this..
Be Safe.
ITGuy1024

Post by ITGuy1024 »

Also having issues with email alerts for motion detection.
Test emails work fine.
I followed the guides on how to set up motion detection.
If I go into the Amcrest View Pro app and enable Push Notifications I get app alerts but still no email alerts.

Actually the system doesn't even log alerts unless the push notifications is enable - which doesn't seem right.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So not sure what camera you are working with so I show Motion and IVS setup for Email alerts.. This will give you a general Idea of what you are looking for to get emails once you setup the Email server in the Network area...
Also keep in mind that Push Notices is setup and works better then Email, You don't have to worry about storage of pictures on your email servers. Now keep in mind that if you setup push for a video or images them are stored on your Cameras Micro SD card and same for email. If you don't have a card installed how will it take and send you an email with images unless it has something to store them on. Also keep in mind that might also work and key word is might also work with your footage going to FTP. I mean you don't need Micro SD to send to FTP just that it might send email or images in push or email if you have FTP setup for storage.. I have some that do and some that don't..

This is IVS and on my Tripwire rule,
Screenshot (4612).png
Screenshot (4612).png (376.36 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
This is for Motion detection and will happen even though i have it setup for no recording it will send an email and 3 images.
Screenshot (4613).png
Screenshot (4613).png (185.27 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
Be Safe.