DVR rebooting

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
erac6329

Re: DVR rebooting

Post by erac6329 »

My DVR started rebooting every 4 minutes tonight. Was there a software change that would cause this?
DanNeumann

Post by DanNeumann »

Come on Amcrest. People are having issues here and not everyone has time to make phone calls.
DanNeumann

Post by DanNeumann »

Hello?? Does our issues not matter because no one has addressed this problem in weeks? My system just rebooted again all by itself.
green338

Post by green338 »

I'm currently dealing with the same. What's really annoying is when it reboots in the middle of the night, with the loud beep. I will try to update the firmware and see if this works...
Stanley
Site Admin

Post by Stanley »

Hello,

We have created a document for this issue. Please go through the link and follow the steps and see whether it works.

https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213167947
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

DanNeumann

Post by DanNeumann »

I have the current firmware already, put that in a month ago. Also my DVR is plugged into a brand new Cyberpower 825VA battery backup so there is no issue with it getting consistent power. Yet I still get the flag of 0x01 when it reboots.
Brendoflatbush

Post by Brendoflatbush »

Hey Dan did you ever figure this out?
DanNeumann

Post by DanNeumann »

No. it still occasionally restarts when it feels like it. Very frustrating and probably wouldn't buy another Amcrest system due to it and the lack of customer support on it. Seems like it's not high on their priority list.
Stanley
Site Admin

Post by Stanley »

Hello,
If you already have the latest firmware and the issue persists, it can be that the device is faulty. Please contact our support over the phone or email and we would be more than happy to assist.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

d_m_smith

Post by d_m_smith »

I started having this problem with my 4ch 1080p DVR the other day. It would reboot every 3 to 4 minutes. (Code 0x01) I tried a hard reset, checking the firmware, and everything else that Amcrest recommends. It kept doing it. I felt the top of the DVR after it would shut down and it was extremely hot. If I shut it down and let it cool off, it would run a couple of hours until it got hot again and then it would start rebooting again every few minutes. I put a small USB powered external fan blowing on the side through the vents and haven't had a problem since.